Am i being unreasonable?

Adelaide2008

Hi i have been in a long term relationship and my partner doesn't work due to medical condition. so i work full time while it stays at home. he is on his computer all day and chats to other women online. there is one for whom he has got feelings for and she does too. she is aware he has a partner. he has been very honest with me about this but he still chats to her even in the Evening and night when i am here. he said he just wants friendship as he knows an affair is not practical but he said there wasn't much left in our relationship and it doesn't want to spend time with me as i don't make him feel the same way that this younger girl. i am grateful he is telling me but it hurts and i hate him talking to her when i am home. he thinks it is unreasonable and still does talk to her. is it really unreasonable to ask him not to chat to her when i am here?

Are you being unreasonable? That's your question? He's being honest, alright. There isn't much left in your relationship. He doesn't want to spend time with you. You don't make him feel the same way. He's having an emotional affair and is trying to push you into breaking up with him so he can live his fantasy. I'd let him have it.

Archived