How to text him?! Need help fast

White

Ok, so I think that this is the last normal guy on Earth. I know him via friends, we go to the same coffee shop, but I haven't seen him for a 2 months, he is renovating his place. We have chatted a few times, just normal conversations, nothing deep.

So a month ago i messaged him on facebook, but as I can see the last time he checked it, it was may the 11th. Meaning he still haven't read the my message.

I saw his cousin yesterday and asked about him, and got the response that he is working a lot.

So I wanna text him, cause I'm DESPERATE (been single in a looong time), I really like him and he is a great guy.

How do I do that? He doesn't have my number, so how do I say who is writing? I was thinking something like this:

Hey, I keep bumping to your friends and cousins, so was wondering how you were?

(how do I write whos texting?)

thanks for the help!

Whatever you do don't come accross as desperate, it's a big turn off.

What you're planning to say to him is okay, however I would write it out like this:

Hi, it's (your name). I keep seeing your cousins and friends around and it reminded me of you, I just wanted to know how you were?

This is a case of you wanting something but trying to hide it behind a simple “friendly” gesture. You like the guy but are afraid of rejection. I would suggest that if you’re going to bother messaging him, don’t try to pretend it’s only out of a passing casual interest in his well being. Ask him to coffee or something so he doesn’t have to spend time guessing as to your real intentions. Even if he thinks you are interested, and he probably will since there is no other reason for you to care enough to text a guy you don’t really know, he still won’t “know” if you do if all you do is try to make it a “friendly” chat.

If you’re bold enough to make this move, be bold enough to take it one step further. Otherwise you only half do the job and increase the prospect of confusion on his part and ultimately failure on your part. And as a guy, I can tell you that I’d respect a more open and honest approach than one hidden beneath innuendo and guessing games, which is the direction something like this can take if handled improperly. So kudos for being willing to text, but have the guts to do a bit more.

I would text, "Hi, this is_____(we've met at the coffee shoppe). I haven't seen you around in a bit. Would you like to meet for coffee?".

I, too, would like for a woman to be straightforward. You're putting yourself out there by texting him anyway. If he doesn't reply, you're rejected. If he states he's too busy to meet for coffee then you're rejected. If you just say hello without a plan and he doesn't ask you out(which he probably wouldn't because he doesn't know if you like him) then you're in the same position you're in now.

Go for the gold and ask him out. If he says no or that he's too busy you'll be able to move on.

I thought your original words in your first post were the best ones. Easy-going, not trying to make a complicated story out of it. Straight forward but not overly needy. Just make sure, if he doesn't reply, you don't text again. Expect the worst, than you can only be happy with the result!

Archived