Divorced in June after 30+ years. ( ex has years long affair, ex and BF both got busted and kicked out) NC with my ex since August. She seems to be more and more of a distant memory each day. A day here and there , where I drop the F bomb or think about the what ifs. All in all, OK! By all accounts my ex's BF is a jerk & flat out not a good human being. My boys are now starting to realize what their mom has done and she's now living with an evil person. The result is that they have pretty much cut her out of their lives. A new grand child recently , so this seems to have made it worse. ( the protecting this sweet little precious life from the evils of the world) . My boys are most upset with their mom for not coming clean with all of the details and trying to show some remorse. And, on top of it she wants them to come to her / BF's new house and visit and pretend life is all normal again. I'm trying to work through putting my life back together and support my boys. Right now the 'no contact ' method seems to be the best option.

Is this the 'new normal' for us? Or will time heal the wounds? thanks! xxx

Archived