8 year relationship over...having such a hard time

tomp910

Yeah i agree gotta start doing it for myself..becasue this is not getting better its not getting worse just a constant feeling of missing her..i told her i would do this for her and i stuck to my word as bad as it hurt but nows probably the best time to go NC..

ok new update!! recieved a thank you card in the mail today from her thanking me for coming in and talking and how everyone liked the presentation..she gave me a gift card to one of my favorite stores and ended with please keep in touch and ill always be here for you...how to respond...its been 5 days NC..been kinda going strong..what i wanna do is mail the gift card back and say thanks but no thanks...what should i do?

Tomp910, i believe its run its course, bro. There is just so much someone can take before they start to realize that they need something new and fresh. You might have been the dumper, but its possible shes already accepted it way before you said it, by just dumping her you confirmed it.

Only advice is to keep being her as friend. You said you cant believe this, or that, or how can she.. nothing to question, she values your existence in her life, nothing to doubt there. If she cant be your lover, she wants to be the next best thing, which is a friend. Its hard for us to accept that, because we want more, so we dont see the beauty in that, its a slap in the face for many of us.

I think you should keep contact as a friend. And if it never works out with his guy, and the stars are lined up that it might work again with you two, then it will. But right now she is trying to find out what is better, because what she had didnt feel like it to her. And i think you should do the same.

You could be a jerk and get even close as a friend to hope to mess with this guys confidence, which is what some weasel ex's do... but shhhh, you didnt hear that from me. I never go this route, i dont have the patience or the desire to bother, but it does happen. I wouldnt advise it, i would look for a girl to start fresh, and if this new girl isnt doing it, then replace her too.

NC is probably my best course i agree... Im just hoping that this new guy and her fall apart after the whole honeymoon phase thing...but I'm desparetly trying to improve my life in the meantime I've met a couple girls and a couple dates later nothing seems to be working because I'm not letting myself go I'm just still so caught up on her

So its been about 12 days NC and i was doing great until last night i receive a text from her saying that. an employer who I'm looking to get a job with contacted her about asking about me..So she told me that that she said she would obvisouly say good things...i replied this morning with ok good..Didnt really want to and thats all i could really think of saying just for it to be quick and to show ] that I'm sticking to not communicated with her

Archived