Gym Job

I applied for a job at the gym in membership sales and have been sent an email saying:

As a Membership Consultant, you are required to generate 25 leads per day. Create a plan that shows at least 5 different ways you are going to generate leads for your first month of work. These leads can be generated both in and out of the club. Provide as many details as you wish, with a one page maximum.

I have to do this to pass the interview. I've got a couple of ideas but just wanted to pick your brains in case you think of something brilliant lol. Thanks

I think if you need to cheat to pass the interview, then doing the actually job isn't going to be any easier or successful for you.

This isn't like asking for help with a college essay in which you may be technically capable, but just a horrible writer.

You are going to be a salesperson, and they are asking for your sales and marketing plan. I don't think it's a good idea to ask others how to do it, because then you'll be back here in 2 weeks asking how to implement the plan.

Although I don't have any marketing ideas of my own I am going to disagree with you Ariel. It is fine to ask for suggestions from other people, she stated she already has her own ideas but is looking for others that might work as well. And it's not "asking for help" or "how to do it", it's doing research to see what ideas others might work for themselves.

In the difference of opinions here, I'm with Imthatguy. This is a creative way of doing research. Nothing is ever created out of thin air - the most creative people get ideas from others and build from that. Asking people here for their ideas is a creative way of developing a plan.

I'm not in sales because I don't have good ideas for finding leads. But, depending upon the area the gym is in, I'd be thinking about marketing to companies, offering some kind of deal for their employees or suggesting a gym membership as a unique gift option for employees, emphasizing the benefits that health and fitness focus have on work productivity - less sicktime, more energy, lower medical expenses, etc.

Archived