Is she interested? Need advice

j2b

So there is this girl in 2 of my classes in college. She always looks at me and looks away when i look back. I didn't notice it 1st but my friend made me aware of it. I sit in the back of the room so there is no functional reason for her to look at me. At 1st I thought she was looking at my friend but in my 2nd class w/o my friend, she sat next to me even though a ton of seats were open. I started talking to her and we spoke about internships and school and general and she was constantly smiling while we were talking. so we made small talk for a couple of weeks and i casually flirted with her but i don't know if she is interested. Ive heard that if a girl declines an invitation to hang out even once, that it means she's not interested. So this is how the text conversation went when i asked her to study with me: J will be me and G will be her:

J Do you know what chapters are gonna be on the marketing midterm?

G 1,2,3,4,5

J ight did you take a look at it yet? I have no idea what's going on in that class lol

G just went through some notes. I'm going to study tonight.

J want to study with me tomorrow lol

G can't I work all day today and tomorrow then class

J: Dam girl you work too hard lol

G Yea two jobs

J:2 jobs?? O_o where do you work and how have you not gone crazy yet lol

G starting today as a hostess at a restaurant and then I intern at a pr company during the week

J: the restaurant on 5th ave?

G

J so next time I go there I'll just be like I know the hostess so I eat for free lol

G

she was responding with little to no delay so I don't know what to do, should I pursue because she's interested or am i misreading it?

She's not really engaging in the conversation much, seems to just be answering you - and that's it. The one word answers kind of clues me into that. Then again, maybe she's just busy.. but my gut feeling at first glance is that she's not all that interested.

She's not really engaging in the conversation much, seems to just be answering you - and that's it. The one word answers kind of clues me into that. Then again, maybe she's just busy.. but my gut feeling at first glance is that she's not all that interested.

I disagree with this; texts are always short & to the point, not long and lengthy. And the fact that she responded with "little to no delay" says she's interested. From what you described about the flirting and smiling, I say you should go for it.

Archived