How to show my wife I've changed???

stupidboy

I'm 22 and she's 20 years old. When we first started dating I made a stupid mistake of cheating on her. Yes I know its very wrong and I still beat myself up over it. I told her about it and we are married now. We got married in Feb of this year. She's paranoid now of me checking girls out when we go out in public. I used to when we first got together but now I make a point to not even look in a girls direction. If I see a girl in a direction I look the opposite way. My wife is very hot and she is the true love of my life. She's all upset and telling me I have to change and stop looking at girls. How do I show her that I am 100% into making our marriage better and to help us move forward??? Please help

Don't do anything to violate her trust, nothing. Any small lie will undo any progress you make. Will take a lot for her to trust you again. If you haven't changed, you wont be able to show her, if you have changed you can't show her. She will have to decide for herself over time.

Why would you tell her after you got married? Honestly I would tell her to leave you if she had posted here.

Well, have you changed? I ask this question not to sound mean, but let's be realistic here. You're 22 year and most people this age are not remotely ready to settle down, and you might have to accept the fact that you're in this boat too. May I ask why you guys decided to marry so young?

I konw your not trying to be mean. We are just really in love. She treats me so good. I know she didn't deserve what I did. I hate what I did and I hate myself for it. She's the perfect girl. Yes I really have changed. The age doesn't bother me. I understand some people aren't ready for it yet, but I've always known I've wanted to settle down and get married. Shes so perfect also. I'm the luckiest guy to have her.

It will take a lot of time (and patience on your part). Once trust has been broken, it is extremely difficult to get it back (if ever). All these issues should have been dealt with BEFORE you got married. Getting married with unresolved issues is a recipe for disaster/divorce (imo). As it's too late and you're already married, it's up to you to prove to her that you have changed and if she still can't trust you, then I guess the next step would be marriage counselling.

Archived