Do Men Cry After A Breakup?

WhenWillILove

I just want to know how many of you men have actually cried (no, not teared up) after a breakup.

Have you kept it a secret from your male friends? Female friends?

Do you feel ashamed because you did cry?

Do you feel a weaker man?

Does crying emasculate you in any way? How?

DEFINITELY. YES.

I don't hide it, I'm not in the least bit ashamed. I didn't cry in front of my former woman, I held it together while we talked. I made a conscious decision to go home and have a good weep. I can always hold tears in, but I choose to let them out at the appropriate time - it's the healthist thing to do.

I'm one of the strongest people you'll ever meet. I lost both my parents when I was a child, I've been battered physically and emotionally but NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING will ever stop me from being the man I want to be and achieving my ambitions.

Passion is strength. Passionate people get hurt. Passionate people have undying determination to push to the end no matter what.

I cried for one day, then decided that I needed to fix me first, before I had any hope of a friendly relationship with my GF, or for anyone else. I dove into self help, work, my two beautiful boys, and friends. I cried in front of pretty much everyone, with the exception of my GF. She knew I was sad, I didn't need to show it. I was/am committed to growing from what pushed her away. We are now talking, as friends, and it's nice to have her back. We have been forward about our thoughts, and how we each can grow as separate people. If she is still there as I begin to reach my goals, then I suppose we'll take it from there.

I know for myself I cried when my relationship of four years ended. I'm not ashamed of it either, as far as I'm concerned its healthy, and natural. To lose someone that for such a long period of time meant so much to me, a person who knew me and I knew her more than anyone else, a person that made me happy at the sight of them, an individual that I wanted to spend my entire life. To lose that person in my life, was also losing a part of myself. If anyone thinks that crying over such a lost would emasculate someone, that person has clearly never had a great relationship, and doesn't know what it is to lose so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived