so I've know this friend since high school.

recently, I stopped communicating with him. How do I describe this feeling when I am with him and afterwards? Tired and exhausted.

I always feel tired after I hang out with this friend. After 5 minutes of hanging out with him I start to feel tension and tiring. Emotionally and mentally drained.

Sometimes when we are going somewhere he walks ahead really fast to the destination without even looking back. I am always trailing behind him because he walks so fast and then he says I walk too slow LOL (even my friends say I walk quite fast so this guy walks faster than me). I always found this behavior very strange as I have never encountered a friend who does this sort of thing.

A bit eccentric, he tends to exaggerate his expression loudly and curse at seemingly unnecessary situations such as dropping a cup or minor things. He does it quite loud and out of the blue that people around him stare at him wandering why this guy is acting like it. One reason I don't want to be seen in public too much with him.

Arrogant as well, he claims to have high iq and basically talks down or disagrees with everything I say. Even really generic conversations like, he would say I am wrong and such. "Hey I think this artist's music is not bad", I would say as real casual. He would reply "are you kidding me you are * * * ing stupid man. you have bad taste, this is horrible." I am kind of at loss for words because I had never experienced anyone reacting so intensely or in such rude manner over something as small. It becomes impossible to have conversation. It appears his focus is on convincing me that everything I believe and know is somehow not correct according to him. He really likes to put me down.

He disrespects me at times in front of others without even considering that I might take it offensive. Like when I am playing a video game for the first time, he would immediately say things like "oh you are so horrible. you suck. stop playing. no, you are doing it wrong". I get annoyed and stop playing which is probably what he wanted.

He is very calculating and impossible to get an edgeword during conversation. I always find some hidden motive behind his every gestures or words spoken.

When I snap at him (he really pushes my buttons) very rarely he suddenly goes quiet and seems to be hurt. Even his room mate sometimes snaps back at him when he is being annoying. All his roomates seem to never stay for long around him. Every few months, he has a new roommate and the old one has moved out.

It seems like he has no consideration for how other's might react or feel given his words and actions. Then when I talk about stuff like this saying this is uncomfortable for me, stop. He would be like I am being over sensitive or I am being a sissy.

It's really hard to understand or bear this guy any further. I do not want to waste anymore time with this personality. I really don't understand how someone like this could have ended up as a friend. I've cut all communications with this guy. He tells me all the time how he has no friends, saying stuff like I should be his brother but really?

I have a feeling this guy will lead a very lonely life. It really is impossible to bare this guy after a day. Reason I hung out with him gradually less and less. Most frustrating is being unable to deal with someone like him.

Archived