ok, this may be long, but please bear with me...

recently, i went off to my father's for a lovely (sarcasm) visit... several nights were spent burning away the pain, or cutting. needless to say, i am familiar with the cutting of oneself. i have been doing for quite some time, in fact.

so long, however, that i can't really remember what it was like at the beginning. and yes, i know, every person/case is unique, but still. there are definatly signs that come out.

all that to say this: how would i know if my kid sister cuts? i can't be sure (as i only spend about three, four weeks at my fathers at a time), but i do get the odd idea that she is, in the very least, depressed... and i fear that she may be taking steps down a path that i have already gone down... to say the least, i would like to try and help her, so i ask for help from you... heh. on a side note, we have a, complecated relationship, my sister and i, from the past... so, negotiations must be, delicate. however, this by no means means that she hates me, i just wish to be carefull of what i say.. thanks

~aleksey

my question is how uneasy is ur relationship with your sister? how old is ur sister?? if u talk to her then mabye you could drop some little hints and see how she reacts to them. or you could start to talk to her more about other stuff and eventually work up to asking her bout it, she might be wanting someone to talk to about it and since you do it ur the perfect person. let me kno how it turns out.