ever worried that your ex is actually on this forum too?

Tussin

I've had the same thought, too, but really... what are the chances?

I don't think I've ever said anything bad about him, though. Just trying to make sense of the relationship, how it ended, and why he did the things he did. I agree with Princess. If he were on this forum and shared his side of the story, maybe I could get some closure.

This has happened and led to a reconciliation! (A link to it is in the getting back together thread, I think...)

To answer the question: I am. It's one of the reasons I haven't really told my story here. I imagine, though, that if she were here, she isn't anymore. Too much time has passed.....

No, I'm not really worried about it. Two of my more 'serious' boyfriends, shockingly, barely knew how to turn on a computer, let alone knew what an 'online forum' is.

Since I joined here I'm particularly careful to not give out too much information regarding my current boyfriend, just in case. I don't see him browsing relationship forums, but you never know! How embarrassing though... I would just die.

"Excuse me, Lithp? Why are you discussing our personal matters over the internet with people you don't know?"

He already thinks I'm a loon, that would probably just take the cake.

You never know but the odds are that, unless you both arrived at the crappy, pour your heart out stage, you probably wouldn't recognise each other anyway, unless you went reading through reams of backstory on other members. And it's unlikely you would both be here in that period because dumpee and dumper are normally working on different timeframes.

I wonder how many times both parties have been on here and never knew.

It wouldn't bother me if my ex were here. I don't have anything to hide.

My ex and I were using this forum at the same time. He was a member before me, and I ended up reading all his post for the past two years, most of the stuff had nothing to do with me but with his marriage before we met, but I also found out how lost he was in our relationship. I wish I had not found out the person posting was my ex, his posts were not for me to read, but is done now. Perhaps if I would not have read the posts we could have been together now. Does not matter anymore.

Archived