Getting back at ex by being true to myself

I feel like being defiant.

My ex left me six months ago, but only now am I really becoming angry about that. I still love her, but now, I want to get back at her in some way. I don't want to hurt her -- No, scratch that -- I've sometimes wished bad things on her, and I feel bad about that. Really I just want her to see what she lost. I want her to see that she might have lost part of herself.... but I'm strong, and I'm still here.

She seems to have given up on romance and true love, at least for now, even though that was so central to who she was when we were together. I won't let myself give up on love, though... I'll let her see that I'm as much of a romantic as ever, and I'll try to believe, even though I don't really, that there's another girl out there who I can make as happy as she once was.

She was perfect for me. She's a wonderful person. I want her to know that I care about her more than anything, but at the same time, I'm moving on. I'm strong, and happy, and doing the things I need to do in my life. I'm the person she wishes she still had... That's how I want to get back at her. And it's not out of spite, really. I don't know what it is.

I do want her back (even though sometimes, in my anger, I don't). I do love her. So why would I want her to feel bad when she sees how well I'm doing?