any advice is appreciated!!

i just broke up with my boyfriend of a year. if i told the whole story it would go like this.....he was over at my house, we were watching tv, i was talking and he interrupted me to tell me to change the channel so he could watch entertainment tonight, i told him i would not talk to him anymore he couldn watch tv, instead of apologizing, he ignored me and just continued to comment on every woman on tv. it really made me mad b/c we just had a huge fight the night before that was all my fight, so i needed a little attention to me, and i really think it is physically impossible for him. so anyway, i took him home and told him not to call me anymore. i feel like i am crazy and way too high maintenance but the problem to me is not the actual events but the fact that they show a lack of respect. if anyone can offer any insight or just an outside opinion i would love it! thank you !

hey sugar,

You nailed it on the head. If you don't respect a man, you can't love him. Since he doesn't respect you, you don't respect him, simple as that. If you are high maintenance, you need to identify that and deal with it, BUT if a man loves his lady, he will treat her with respect, and trust her. Talking about other women in front of your face is not respectful in my opinion, and acting rude is not either. As I only have your side of the story, this is what I base my advice on ...

l8r

good for you!!

he showed you no respect, and showed tha the was more intrested in Entertainment Tonight... than in YOU.... YOU should be the most important thing in the room to him, more important than a talking box....

as for commenting on girls, thats just not cricket, not on at all..if he was truly commited he wouldnt give them the time of day...the whole point of a relationship like this is mutual respect....yes he may glance at a girl, you may glance at a guy, but you shouldent comment on them! you shouldent pay them any attention! ...

personally I think your better off without him, and you did exactly the right thing, there are other guys out there who will treat you better

-- Darknova

p.s. feel free to PM me if you want to talk more

thanks for your opinions!! you really made me feel better. i worry alot about being high maintenance. my parents spoiled me alot. i don't ask for much b/c of that. But to me respect is a non-negotiable. i really needed some reassurance and you guys gave it to me. so thanks again.

thanks for your opinions!! you really made me feel better. i worry alot about being high maintenance. my parents spoiled me alot. i don't ask for much b/c of that. But to me respect is a non-negotiable. i really needed some reassurance and you guys gave it to me. so thanks again.

just remember, you stated you want respect, but you also don't want a lap dog either ... you want a balance of everything ...

l8r

Haha, you're funny, but true. I am 22 and my parents spoil me too. As a result (from your speculation) I am VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE. Its so interesting that there is someone out there who has my same beliefs and would do EXACTLY as you did. Often, it amuses me how most girls overlook things that you (and I) take note of. Perhaps it doesn't affect other gals or they it simply doesn't bother them, but I know it bothers me. You demand respect always and with no exceptions. That's good. Keep it that way. Boy, but if you're serious about breaking it off with him, I mean a year is a long time, its gonna take some effort and control. But if you do it then congrats, however if you find its hard don't be ashamed (or surprised at that), we girls of dual respect are also soft.

In the mean time, don't call him. If he calls you to apologize, be polite. Perhaps he really will acknowledge his fault (although if this is a repeat, then know this: 'once a bama always a bama' bama= someone unfit)

Keep in Touch

Hannah