communication prob with dad

ok does anybody out there have a way to explian this to my dad. ok he says im worthless, im lazy im a loser i have no future, how nice of him right?anyway, he comes down in to the room with my computer in it and he starts trying to read my conversations off instant messanger.i tried to ask him how he'd feel if i listened to him talk on the phone.i am severely sui and being able to talk on the comp is one of the very few thibgs keeping me here, any ideas to explain this in a way he would understand

Well I'm sorry to hear that you are sui. I don't think I've hit sui but I've felt like life wasn't worth living before and if a truck was going to drive over me that might actually even be fun. But things get better man. You'll go to college and get your dad out of your hair for one thing. And if you don't plan on college then you'll be working and on your own so either way you're out of the house. I'm not trying to be cliche here or force ya to do stuff, hey you do what you want. I'm just trying to help you from my experience.

Second, yeah go up to your dad and straighten things out. Maybe you want a friend there that knows about this just in case?

well i guess i could try, ive said everything i can think of and i tried i_hate_the_world_47's advice before he just says he has the right to read any convo i want to have. i have had my therapist tell him he says he doesnt care about what my therapist says he is my father and he can do what he wants when he wants. i am so flippin sick of him though its called personal messages for a reason their personal.he really doesnt care about my cutting or that im sui, he buys me knives and razors and stuff i tell my councelor and he just says he is trying to show you he trusts you, im like show it by letting my talk on the comp, and besides what else is a 15 y.o gonna use a razorblade for? i really need help on this one we have a huge fight over this like everyday and i dont know how much more i can take before i lose it i need to get this resolved, any suggestions would help.

Hi there,

Have you tried putting a lock on your door? Do you think this would stop him or make him more aggressive?

It sounds like your dad has problems. He needs therapy. What is he going through that is making him feel the need to control and insult you? ( he could be projecting) Is your mother in the picture? Do you have sisters or brothers? How does he handle them?

The way to teach children about respect is by showing them some. Your dad apparently has no clue.

I hope you know that right now the one that looks more mature is you. Remember: in three years you can get out of there.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, DepressedOne.

My dad is really weird like that too. He is forever talking down to everyone, and he is also enormously religious. Because my brother and I aren't a part of his religion, he views us as 'dead bones walking'. I know the pain of not having proper communication with a father, who, in my opinion, should be there to love and guide their child.

Is your father around alot? Perhaps you can use your comp when you know he won't be snooping around in your private messages. It sounds like your dad should see a therapist as well.

`I Know exactly how you feel because im in the exact situation....but in a little different way because if i ever told my dad he would probably beat me or something for it....what i have done is put a lock on my computer. so thats what i would have you do.. I'm guessing your dad uses the excuse of " this is my house i can' do whatever i want " and the whole "if you dont like it get out" ....... well man im serously sorry for what your going through...and if you can' try to get a phone that has a button that says privacy, it makes it so other people can't pick up...theres also really cheep prank phonecall phones that tell you when someone picks up... Besides that, i agree he must have aggresion problems just like mine...i think mine and your dad would get along very very well..... and about the sui.... dude don't........it hurts really bad when that kind of stuff happens. Im the same age as you and things will get better dude it won't be much later but you'll have a taste of it. And if you dont think people would miss you or wouldnt care... I bet everyone on this site would be sad if they found out that one of our members had done it...I dont know if everyone feels the same as i do about this site but i feel like everyone on here is your brothers n sisters....So man please dont! okay if you want to talk to me more imy address is email removed

okay man... Hope things get better!!