Men: How did you know you were ready to propose?

Kalika

Question for the married or engaged men:

How did you know that the time was right to propose? Did you go by gut feelings, or did you wait before all your ducks were lined up in a row (career, finances, etc.)? Did you ever question whether your partner was the one you wanted to be with forever?

Question for the married or engaged men:

How did you know that the time was right to propose? Did you go by gut feelings, or did you wait before all your ducks were lined up in a row (career, finances, etc.)? Did you ever question whether your partner was the one you wanted to be with forever?

I was silly about it and we didn't have a formal proposal. We were both just really in love and talked about getting married and decided to be engaged. I never questioned that I wanted to be with her, but she broke up with me and I don't think the level of certainty was ever mutual.

sorry for that, but you will really know when both are on the same level. Both feel the same feelings.

if you feel like your relationship in hanging by a thread, it's a no-no to move forward. We shouldn't be requesting love or sex or attention. it should come naturally. iam experiencing true love the first time in my life. i am 30 years old and have 2 children.

I was stuck with the wrong man for 9 years and felt that i was always trying to overcompensate and jump through hoops to get the man's attention.

Gladly my luck turned to the best.

Good luck!

I had a sudden realisation that i couldn't live my life without her, and it was the next natural step.

Was literally like a lightbulb going off in my head and really wasn't triggered by anything in particular

• 3 weeks later...

d24...did she give you lots of space like when you guys didn't live together, were you two both talking a lot and texting and stuff like going on dates and night overs?

You said there was no apparent sign but...was there at all? I was just wondering this question myself so thought Id ask...Any guys out there please help..

d24...did she give you lots of space like when you guys didn't live together, were you two both talking a lot and texting and stuff like going on dates and night overs?

You said there was no apparent sign but...was there at all? I was just wondering this question myself so thought Id ask...Any guys out there please help..

kinda different from 'normal' relationships - we lived together since about 5months in and I proposed around the 4 year mark.

No there wasn't anything in particular which triggered it - although she was ALWAYS going on at me about getting married and it was so annoying that I eventually told her to stop asking or I'd never do it. I felt like I wanted to do it because it was my decision, not because she'd backed me into doing it. Low and behold, I felt it was the right decision about 5 months later.

It happens when it feels right. Make sure he knows you want it but for goodness sake, do NOT pressure or bug him into it, it will only make him take longer.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine told me that he was out having drinks with the guys, and they had a long conversation about traveling. All of a sudden, it hit him that no matter where he goes, doesn't matter if it's to some remote country on the other side of the globe or the romantic streets of Paris, he wants to have his then-girlfriend of two years by his side with him. He dashed home, woke her up, and proposed on the spot.

Archived