i lied to him about my age, now what?

ok i met this guy from canada. when i met him i didn't think anything was gonna happen, he just simply talked to me and eventually asked how old i was and i said 17. i'm really 16. you know one year lie, big deal right? well i said i was 17 because he said he was 20 and i liked him, i thot i would stand more of a chance being a little older. well the second time we talked he told me he had lied, and that he was really 21. but i never told him about my lie. we made-out and stuff. and he keeps on talking about how next year i need to go up to canada and visit him since i'll be 18 and you can drink there and stuff early. i really like this guy and i don't wanna ruin stuff with him even tho he won't be here much longer. but i don't know how to tell him that i'm only 16. do you think he'll be really upset?

hey, i'd explain your reasons for lying, its not like you did it out of badness. explain that you felt admitting it at the same time he admitted his lie was just too ridiculous and you felt silly for lying in the first place, and then as time went on it got harder to tell the truth! that's what happens with lies. it is only a year after all so he shouldn't be too put off. play it down and jokingly offer to show him your birth certificate to prove you have nothing else to hide or that you haven't lied about your name. hopefully he will see the funny side and the irony in the fact you both felt you had to lie about your age. also learn from this episode and don't be ashamed of your age again! good luck x