Positive Affirmations for Healing

I think I would benefit from working out some relevant positive affirmations. I have been waking in the early hours of the morning, and can't get back to sleep. I wake up thinking, "He is gone and has completely cut me out of his life." I still feel a high level of distress about that. I've also had what I think are a type of panic attack.

I'm wondering if I can identify the thought and then a more positve thought to counter that with, it might make a difference.

I believe that it isn't just the break-up in itself I feel affected by. I feel very traumatised by the way the break-up took place and circumstances around it. My sense of security is greatly affected, my trust and self-esteem. I know that I need to help myself and find my strength from within, but I'm fumbling around with that because I'm not sure how to do that yet.

Anyway, I've thought of one positive affirmation, and would greatly appreciate hearing other peoples.

My life is in the process of positive change

i was thinking this today (couldn't get it out of my head) but it helped me, even if only a tiny bit...

"You cant always get what you want, but you get what you need"

in essence i can't get my ex back, but i'll "bump" into someone one day unexpectedly and they'll be the one, they'll give me what i need

I'm not sure what a positive affirmation really is but I guess this might fall in that category haha. This is one of my favorite song lyrics

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

The song is called Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks.

There is also my favorite quote ever "Never regret something that once made you smile"

"I deserve someone that wants to be with me."

"This may not be what I want right now, but it is what I need."

"This is going to make me stronger and more resilient every day."

"My ex has chosen not to be with me so I am going to accept and respect that decision."

I definitely feel calmer today although I still woke at around 4am with it in my mind "He's gone. He's cut me out of his life." but I'm not feeling as distressed by that. I have been using the affirmations quite a lot, and hopefully that's working. I'll try and post something here each day.

I AM SAFE - IT'S ONLY CHANGE

Who learns most when a wise man meets a fool? - The wise man, because a wise man learns from everything and a fool never learns, even if he meets the wisest man that ever lived!

this is why we must all learn from our past relationships and move on (i'm feeling alot better today)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived