Good Movies to Watch After a Break-Up

"500 Days of Summer" and "Swingers" were the two movies that really helped me out during my breakup. I also heard good things about "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but I havent seen that movie in ages so I dont remember much about it.

"500 Days of Summer" and "Swingers" were the two movies that really helped me out during my breakup. I also heard good things about "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but I havent seen that movie in ages so I dont remember much about it.

Yea, I second swingers and forgetting sarah marshall.

Swingers, first SATC movie, He's Just Not That In To You, 500 Days of Summer, 40 Day 40 Nights, Wicker Park, The Holiday, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, High Fidelity, Someone Like You, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Serendipity, Along Came Polly, The Notebook...........

When I watched 500 days of Summer I was NOT ready to fully appreciate it and it made me more upset. NOW I think it's a great movie, but be careful because it upset me at the time because I don't think I was ready to accept letting go and 'moving on'.

Eternal Sunshine is an AWESOME movie!!!!

So would you say tearjerkers, love stories, or romantic comedies that end well with a super happy ending.... I prefer to watch old movies, like those from the 50's and 60's, that show on the odd channels during the day when I tune in. Something with romantic quality so that I have a little bit of emotional jarring. I like to watch happy endings. I do it not so much to hurt myself, but to think that WILL be me someday with the right man. Oh yes!

There are others who would say they would stay away from that because it depresses them after a breakup and trying to heal--throws them off track. You could be really negative on yourself and watch it and say that will never be you--but don't let yourself say that!!!!! You just had the wrong person. The right one is out there for you!!!!

I watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and I thought that was a little odd of a movie, but it showed they were really in love, even though they had some major issues.

Archived