Meaning of life?

For me personally there is no meaning. No set of things that I should do while I'm here. For me that is so relieving but I can see why it might stress or depress people. Goals for my life, what I hope to do: Educate myself (ignorance is not bliss for me), Have a family, travel the world, learn and meet people of other cultures, and finally try my best to contribute something great to this world.

I have found that as you age, you definitely learn what the purpose of your life is. You don't really learn it when your young, but it will come to you and it is different for everyone. My purpose in life is well known to me, but I keep it to myself. With time, if you keep your mind open, it will come to you as well.

How's this for meaning of life? I saw your post and wanted to post a poem I wrote a long time ago called "the meaning of life," and went to the document I saved it in and only found a poem I wrote later called "the meaninglessness of life." That's friggin depressing as hell, I want that poem back. It really sucked though, I guess we're all lucky I didn't find it.

At 40, I am still trying to figure out what is the meaning of life. I have kids, 2 Bachelor degrees, working as an Accountant. I've been thinking about changing careers in order to fulfill something that I am missing, which I don't know what. Perhaps its a spiritual connection I am seeking. Perhaps its to help others.

I am finding out that working in an office setting- cubicle is really depressing. I actually thought something was wrong with me but it turns out I am not office type. So I am still searching for something else. Any suggestions?

For "theJigsup", what is your secret in finding out your purpose?

Archived