I just feel lonely because of short lasting LDR

PrettyGood

So I just feel lonely as the most Friday comes and I'm left all alone by myself. I'm 27 now and I always understand that most of my relationships breaks because of long distance. Each summer I need to go abroad to work and earn a huge sums of money for my studies. It's my priority no.1 because I haven't finished my studies in my time.

My studies are expensive so I always need to travel abroad. I had a lot of beautiful LDR, which lasted from 5 months (shortest) to 1,5 year (longest). But I haven't found that someone special yet, for whom it wouldn't be a problem to wait while I'm working abroad in summer time Seems that most men just reject these relations not because they don't love me, but because they just can't live without sex and close emotions when I'm not next to them daily. They just don't put any effort to travel abroad with me and visit me there from time to time. And it breaks my heart.

My studies will finish in 2 years, and at that time I'll be 29. And I'm so scared to lose my best years all alone What should I do?? I mean yeah, my no.1 priority is studies, but I also WANT to have a normal relationship, to have someone who would love me and who would wait for me Any helpful advices?

I'm 28 and I barely had my first relationship and I ruined it. I got scared because he was such a good guy and he was getting so close to me. I realize I have a lot of things I need to work on to be a better partner. I don't know if their is a future with him anymore and it freaks me out. We both really cared for one another.

I think you shouldn't dwell on it so much. I think so many people are used to having someone there, that it becomes routine, but they don't fully get into the relationship because they have so much stuff going on.

Honestly, it just comes down to finding the right person, and there's no way to force that.

My boyfriend and I are long distance, and we haven't seen each other in a year and a half. There was another thread asking how long people would wait to have sex, and I was surprised at how many said they couldn't wait, even if they were in love with the person. I agreed with the poster who said, "If it's really love, you'll wait."

That goes for finding men who are willing to be in a LDR, as well. Some can, some cannot. You just have to hold your head high, stay confident, and keep looking.

As for the 20s being your best years...yes, that is a great decade, but I can also promise you that the best is yet to come. I'm 43, and I look back at my 20s with fondness, but, I wouldn't go back there for the world, lol...not unless I could know the things I know now.

This reminds me of a comedy routine I once watched, and I'm paraphrasing: "When you're 20, you think you know it all. Then you hit 25, and you realize, you didn't know jack, but now you know it all. Then you hit 30, and you realize you were just a punk at 25, and NOW you're as wise as you can ever be. Then you reach 40, and you realize you were an idiot throughout your 30s, but hey, NOW you're smart!" He wound it up by saying he imagined when he was 75, he'd be like, "I didn't know SQUAT when I was 70!", lol...always makes me laugh.

Anyhow, my point is simply that the "best years" are actually what you make of them, and you have many years ahead to make your best.

As for the 20s being your best years...yes, that is a great decade, but I can also promise you that the best is yet to come. I'm 43, and I look back at my 20s with fondness, but, I wouldn't go back there for the world, lol...not unless I could know the things I know now.

This reminds me of a comedy routine I once watched, and I'm paraphrasing: "When you're 20, you think you know it all. Then you hit 25, and you realize, you didn't know jack, but now you know it all. Then you hit 30, and you realize you were just a punk at 25, and NOW you're as wise as you can ever be. Then you reach 40, and you realize you were an idiot throughout your 30s, but hey, NOW you're smart!" He wound it up by saying he imagined when he was 75, he'd be like, "I didn't know SQUAT when I was 70!", lol...always makes me laugh.

Anyhow, my point is simply that the "best years" are actually what you make of them, and you have many years ahead to make your best.

I like that! Sounds awesome and so far, true.

I think you need to sort out which kind of guys you are getting into the relationship. There is no reason to break up for a separation of a couple of months.

I had a 5 years relationship of which we stayed apart 8 months on the 2rd year. It ended on the 5th year because it turn into a LDR again because of work and it fell apart after a year and half.

You know what?... you will leave with yourself for the rest of your life. Imagine your studies would not be your priority number 1: if this guys cant wait a couple of months they are not reliable partners and later you would lose both.

Archived