keeping emotions hidden

I broke up with my girlfriend about 6 weeks ago. I have not seen her for about 25 days now. I general I have distanced myself from her. If she wants to communicate with me, she would have to be the one that initiates it. This seems only logical since she dumped me. Anyways, she started to text message me more frequently. Asking me what I was up to, who i went to the movies with, etc. My brother told me to answer to her questions but be brief and sort of cold. In general, she has not shown emotion either. But the fact that she has been wondering what I have been up to means she has been thinking about me. Yesterday she text me saying that she has been busy lately and has

not seen me in a while and misses me. I quickly changed the subject. Was that right? Now that she has shown some emotion does that mean I should too? Because I do love her, and I have learned that although life will go on without her I would prefer life with her. Or am making something out of nothing, she has said that she thinks of me as a friend. She also wants to hear this cd that I had compiled but I am reluctant to give it to her because it kind of has some lyrics that too revealing as to how I feel. I hope for some advice, take it easy.

That's a hard situation...but the fact that she is texting you and asking what you up to means that she is obviously thinking about you...but don't give into her too quickly. If she continues to show emotions, maybe talk to her about it..or start to show subtle ones...but for now, let her be the one doing the chasing.

In addition her sister has told me that she has a framed picture of me on her nightstand. Even after she dumped me. To top that, she sleeps with a teddy bear that I gave her as a gift. I don't know about her but when we broke up I put all of that stuff into my closet. Do you think she is holding on to something?

Please remind me again, why you should not show emotion?

I am a very emotional person, and its very hard for me to keep my emotions down.

I guess what I'm saying is if you love someone and miss them, and think about them all the time, it sometimes almost feels like a betrayal of who I am not to express it.

I'm not saying I disagree with the policy, I'd just like a reminder of the why so I can be strong.

Please remind me again, why you should not show emotion?

I am a very emotional person, and its very hard for me to keep my emotions down.

I guess what I'm saying is if you love someone and miss them, and think about them all the time, it sometimes almost feels like a betrayal of who I am not to express it.

I'm not saying I disagree with the policy, I'd just like a reminder of the why so I can be strong.

Showing emotions simply pushes your ex further away. It shows to you be needy and desparate. They want to see confident and independent. This is what they first fell in love with.

some girls are so used to the attention they got when they were in a relationship that when they dont get it anymore they sometimes will go back just to know they the can still get it, just to know that he still cares..im thinking, i dont know, but i think that maybe she might be doin it just because she can, she dumped you and she did say your jsut a friend, so shes probably just seeing if she can still get that attention that she misses