Can I lose weight just by exercising 5 days a week and cutting calories?

Those "myths" aren't "myths", they're PHYSIOLOGY. Starving yourself is an very unhealthy way of losing weight.

Have fun losing water. 10 lbs of water loss???????? You know what makes exercise harder? Dehydration.

The things people will believe.

you clearly havent read my post properly, you just read the word 'fast' and ignorance jus took over....

whilst i said 10lbs of water weight, i said only as an example, but this varies from person to person...still...it was fun loosing water weight as it happens, it was even more fun when my body started to use excess fat for fuel, this happens on the 3rd day of fasting when previously undigested foods and excess water has been used and excreted.

define "starvation"? because starvation only occurs when all fat and diseased tissue has been used for fuel and then attacks the organs for fuel. THAT is starvation.

and also on a fast, alot of water and liquids is taken in, so if anything, you become more hydrated.

i dont believe anything...i have fasted on and off for spiritual and health reasons since 2008 and kept weight off, sorted out my eating regime for the better, and people are so misinformed about fasting as a health therapy and an aid to maintaining health. when people are ill, they loose their appetite...why? thats the body natural reaction to fast to enable healing because they body isnt concentrating on the task of digesting food.

i aint super skinny either, but people say i look 26/27, when i am 35 in two months...my skin flourishes with a good toxic clearout and giving my digestive system a break once in a while.

there is big bucks in the diet industry with lots of fads, when nothing is as beneficial to your body as a fast. of course they peddle the starvation disinfo, because they want your money when infact you can loose 1-2lb a day on a fast and not put it back on if youre careful with what you eat when you stop the fast. this is important as it can cause the formations of gallstones, but gallstones are due to an acidic body, ive had them and so try to eat alkalising foods which fortunately, since doing this after my gallstone op, none have returned or formed which is common when peeps dont change their diet. even with fasting, my gallstones have not returned.

it is you have gobbled up the lie, and there was no need for your hostile post towards me

I'm not being hostile towards YOU, I'm being hostile towards FASTS. They're the same garbage as the grapefruit diet, etc. Nothing is as beneficial to your body as a fast? How about eating a healthy diet? Never have I once mentioned fad diets, in fact if you check any of my posts in this section I always rage about Atkins, etc.

1-2lbs a day? You know what's healthy? 1-2lbs a WEEK.

Starvation = not giving your body enough minerals, vitamins, calories etc. Then the body begins to jump into survival mode, where it stores everything you take in as fat. Yah, you'll burn the fat in the most unhealthy way possible, then pack it back on.

There's absolutely NO need for a fast, or a cleanse, etc. Eating healthy will reduce weight on it's own. Combine that with exercise and you have amazing success.

If you've truly fixed your diet, why do you have to keep going on fasts? Spiritual reasons are one thing, but there should be no need for health reasons. And no, I didn't skim over your post and throw my coffee at the screen when you said "fast". I threw several things throughout the post, if you must know. I'm not going to turn this into a flame war, but please at least get your facts straight before you give advice.

get my facts right? oh dear

ah well, we are all on different paths to what feels right for us, i respect your view, but myself and others i know have benefited greatly from the odd fast here and there (fact) as has weight resistance exercise for me when i have not been fasting.

i guess it is up to the individual to listen to their body and their voice within and be guided by that

Archived