I wasn't sure where to post this but I have a little issue that I need some quick advice on at the moment.

To make a long story short: I used to have jealously issues of my boyfriend's (of 3 years) past for reasons that I'm not going to discuss right now, but I am happy to share that I am doing sooo much better and our relationship is at it's full potential (:

With that jealously, I used to have a problem with his exs and facebook. Although I am no longer jealous, I prefer to never see them on facebook (if I can help it) I made this decision because if I don't see them on my homepage, notifications or whatever, I am happier and I didn't think about them as much. So, to achieve this I had to delete any of his family members (including his mother) that had any of his exs in their friends list. It was like the final step in being completely happy and no longer obsessing about his exs. (:

The issue I have now is, after maybe 4 or 5 months, his mother finally messaged me and asked me why she is no longer on my friends list. I want to tell her the truth but I was staring at the screen for soo long trying to think of a way to tell her without sounding like a jealous freak. But really, I just want to protect my self-esteem. I don't know how to tell her without sounding crazy. Any advice? I know, it's best to be blunt but I typed that in and it sounded like I was childish and jealous. ...

Two options here:

You can re add her and act like you didn't realize you deleted her but hide ALL her posts, so you never see any popups from her. But this is dependent on if you have the will power to not check her Facebook for things about your ex.

Or you can just tell her straight up that you're trying to get a clean break from her son and seeing pictures of or notifications of him is delaying your progress.

Two options here:

You can re add her and act like you didn't realize you deleted her but hide ALL her posts, so you never see any popups from her. But this is dependent on if you have the will power to not check her Facebook for things about your ex.

Or you can just tell her straight up that you're trying to get a clean break from her son and seeing pictures of or notifications of him is delaying your progress.

Actually it's not about him. Our relationship is doing great now, part of the reason being that I deleted everyone who is friends with any of his past girlfriends (because I used to have a jealously issue of his colourful past)

I don't want to add her back and see those girls comments on family pics or anything anymore so I guess I should just tell her. But I'm trying to get the right words because I know she doesn't understand my issue... I don't want to sound like a weirdo you know?

I may try that. But will I still see their comments on family pics if I do that? Because thats another thing I want to avoid.

A part of me just wants to tell her though because it sort of bothers me. I guess I'll just tell her in the nicest way I can......

Archived