Question

jurupa

Why do married girls and older females flirt with young single guys? I am asking this because I am 20 years old and I seem to get these girls checking me out and flirting almost when ever I am in class or in public. Some have even try making moves on me. If your wondering I live in Los Angeles, California so if its a locational thing that would help.

I am just asking becuse it is happening more and more and I have no idea why I am getting this attention from these girls. And when I mean older females I mean 25+ year olds and married girls are various ages (the youngest one I have seen was 19). I am not mad or anything I more like an answer that makes sense as I have yet to come up with one. Hopefully you guys/girls can proved an answer or provide some logic as to why.

And if has been ask before please tell me

Well, I'm not married so I can't really answer your question about why married women are flirting with you. But I'm in my thirties and I am definitely attracted to younger guys. I try to contain myself, though, and wouldn't date someone more than ten years younger. Actually, I would prefer to keep it at no more than five years younger.

Anyway, younger guys seem more open and they flirt right back! I guess it's an ego boost for me, but I also genuinely like their enthusiasm, etc. Plus, they aren't so set in their ways yet that they have these absolute ideas about women and relationships stuck in their head. They aren't stubborn, cranky old bachelors!

i reackon its to do with the sexual peaks. Women peak in their 30's, while guys in their young 20's. Many older woman probably find that their partner isnt into sex as much as them, hence they start taking an interest in younger guys. And when these 2 meet, sex is on fire. My guess.

Plus as Scout said, its prob an ego boost as well that they can pull younger guys. My ex is 31, im 22, she likes younger guys. But I think i was too young.

Well it is simple. When I was 31 an 18 year old chased me. I was married. This chase went on for two years. I did get divorced. I did date him. He was 20. I have to say it was a toy boy situation. Not fun at all. As Neither of us was happy.

Sunnyp

Actually, I don't find it at all unusual that women of 25 would come on to a 19-year-old guy. I wouldn't find it unusual if you were interested in one of them, if she were single.

Actually, I've noticed that in the past few years it seems to have become much more common for young guys to come on to older women as well, so maybe some highly publicized celebrity duos have had some influence in this regard. There seem to be more younger guy/older woman relationships all the time, and maybe we are beginning to be more accepting of this.

I have had many young guys flirt with me over the years, in fact a very young-looking guy at the drugstore the other day asked me what I was doing later. Was he serious? Who knows? Since I'm in a relationship, I smiled and told him I was having dinner with my boyfriend. He snapped his fingers and said "darn," but I don't think he was really serious, probably just being friendly.

Anyway, if you are not at all interested in older women, just ignore their flirting, I doubt that they'll push it if you don't respond. If you are interested, and they're available, I don't see anything wrong with your seeing someone in her 20s.

Thanks for the answers. I understand why a lot better now. I have no problem dating a girl that is 3 years older than I, but not 6 years older. I do ignore the attention and I am sure that may raise the interest level in some girls, but I think by just walking away and showing no interest at all will do the trick.