Mutual Friends After Breakup.....

DigitalSpy

Hi,

OK, well I am my ex were together 4 years. And throughout that time our individual friends all became one "group" of mutual friends. My ex is currently dating a friend from the group, it may well be a rebound but its irrelevant for this thread. Anyway, they all still hang out and meet up.

I had told them originally that it might be a while before I can start socializing with them again because of feelings for my ex. And how I would react if my ex and "date" were there too. We were a very close group of friends and its been a little odd having to step back from it all. Its been 3 months since Ive seen them and 7 weeks since the breakup.

Anyway, I now feel happy to try and see them again. But not happy enough to see everyone, including my ex. So I was thinking of sending a few friends the following text:

"Hey, hows things going? Would you fancy coming out bowling with me and "so'n'so" sometime soon. Its been ages since Ive seen you guys, but I'm sure you understand why

I am just a little concerned that they may feel really awkward, because they know that my ex is seeing someone else and I'm not....and they might not want to offend me if they accidentally said anything. They might even feel torn or like they are betraying the others...

Am I best to just walk away from the mutual friends?

It can be awkward to get in touch with mutual friends after a breakup, but if they are grown-up people you can expect them to be understanding and non-judgemental. So why not give it a try? If you see it doesn't work (i.e., they clearly take sides or just avoid you) you can adjust your position.

It can be awkward to get in touch with mutual friends after a breakup, but if they are grown-up people you can expect them to be understanding and non-judgemental. So why not give it a try? If you see it doesn't work (i.e., they clearly take sides or just avoid you) you can adjust your position.

Agreed. It can be very difficult with mutual friends, especially when you and ur ex were together for that long. Hopefully, they are mature, but I think a break may still be best for your healing.

Archived