Taking things slow or lost interest?

ladeedah

I started going out with someone rather intensely. We went out 4 times in one week. Each date 4-8 hours long.Taking me out to dinner, hanging out in my apt. He said that he wanted to take things slow because he has been burned when going too fast and he really wanted to build a strong base before it got to the next leve but i think he got a little carried away by his emotionsl. He was very affectionate hugs, hand holding, kisses on cheek etc..He told his friends that he was taking out a really special girl. I went away for 3 weeks during which time we agreed a little space was a good thing to give us time to think and process. While i was away he sent me a few emails(which surprsied me because i didnt expect it) and when i returned he sent me a welcome back message. I assumed from his trying to stay in touc,h that he wants to continue where we left off even though i think he might have freaked out a bit by the intensity of it all. Well he called me and we talked and he ended the conversation by saying "we'll catch up sometime". Huh? I was so shocked that he didnt make plans to see me. Its 3 days later and i havent heard from him. Is he not into me? Whats going on? Is he afraid how intense it got last time and is trying to cool it down before it starts? Maybe he thinks i need time to get back to life after my vacation before we go out? Im soooo confused!

...Or maybe he wants you to make the next move.

He said he always gets burned when he doesn't take it slow. So maybe he's changing up his game for good luck. "We'll catch up sometime" sounds like he's interested and sounded like he was signaling to you that he does want to see you.

Also, something guys know better than girls - it's no longer like the 1950's or like the movies anymore. Guys no longer feel that obligation to always make the first move. Chivalry is practically extinct.

Archived