Stealing your things

Just a question for those on this forum...Have any of you had your partner steal from you? My ex still has items of mine that he took when he was angry with me. He took things he had given me as well as items belonging to me from before he was in my life--for example, a ring given to me by my daughter. Even when we were back together the last time, he never returned anything!

Another habit he had was demanding I pay his money after we had had an argument and I refused to agree with him and apologize. I always did, of course, because it was the only was he would agree to be with me--even after my apologies! He would tell me my words were "garbage" and he needed something more tangible before he would believe me again.

How I allowed myself to do this is beyond me now...but I did.

Anyway, your thoughts and experiences in this type of thing would be very much appreciated. Also, why he holds onto objects after we have been apart for a long time? Thank you all

Am I understanding this correctly, you had to give him money after an argument if you didn't agree with him. I've never had that happen. It's a good thing that he's en ex.

My ex-husband kept alot of my things after we split up. He couldn't control me so I guess he thought that he could still hold onto me if we were still quarrelling over my things. He used it as leverage. I decided that he wasn't worth the trouble and I let the things go. I could always buy more stuff. I got out of the relationship with something better - myself.