I'm really sad right now.I've had very low self esteem for many years.Some days it gets really bad and I hate myself and cry alot.Like today.This problem is really screwing up my life,because,of course,I'm totally depressed and I don't believe I could be or do anything "normal". But what I hate the most is the way this is affecting my relationship with my wonderful boyfriend.We've been together for a little over 2 years now,I live with him and I love him VERY much,but he's getting tired of my insecurity and everything that goes along with it....WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?!Appreciate any input from anyone...

Hilde...

Dear Nitemarehippy:

I too am wondering if you've had a past trauma that has lead to your depression? If this is impeding upon your daily life I think that it is time to address this with your doctor.

I am truly sorry that you have to go through this but there is help to beat depression. I can personally relate. A few months ago I experienced what is called situational depression and although it did not last long, it was pure HELL. Please seek out help from both a professional and the people who love you. Take care of yourself and keep me up to date.

Peace and blessings to you,

evepm

If you cry about it, nothing is going to change, it will only get worse. Start doing things to fill up your time so you dont have to think about depression and gain self confidence. Some of those things are working out, I suggest taking up a martial art or just simply going to the gym to improve your body. Go play tennis with your friends or boyfriend. Get new hobbies. If you are in college, concentrate on schoolwork. Do more activities to improve your self, and you will get more confident. Only you can change yourself, if you do nothing, your problems will only get worse and you will only become more depressed.