She kissed me and we had a great night but the next day pretended like nothing..

finittz

So I met this girl through a sports club at my university about two weeks ago. We went out on a club social night on Wednesday at this pub/club place (the whole club came out).

I didn't make any moves on her at first as the whole group was kind of just dancing together, but then towards the end of the night I was dancing with her. Proper dancing where I actually looked at her (none of that just grinding with a girl all night). Later she sat on my lap at some point in the night and we talked. At the end I walked her home with her best friend (a guy). The guy ran off into a field randomly (he returned shortly after) but in the meantime me and the girl had a moment and we kissed.

The next day we had practice for the sports club and I saw her. She didn't come over to me even though she noticed me and I talked with a few people before I went over to her. I just asked her how her morning was etc..it didn't seem that awkward but it almost felt like the previous night was fully erased. Should I have said something about the night?

So I'm seeing her again tomorrow at another sports club practice and wondering if I should try to bring up that night or just go straight for it and ask her to go out with me that night for food/drinks or like coffee/hot drinks later in the night?

Comments/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks

May have just kissed you because she knew you wanted to hook up.

But by the next day she didn't really feel like taking anything further.

Since yo are interested, you should talk to her about it.

Ask what the hook up meant that night.

If it did mean anything more than just hooking up for the night because no one was around.

yea, the dynamic usually changes once a girl knows you're aware of the possible mutual attraction. it's not easy for them to put themselves out there, just as how it's not all that thrilling for us guys to get turned down. either way, you might as well try and see what happens. don't be like me driving yourself crazy doing the "what if" scenarios.

The one thing I forgot to mention is that alcohol was involved, but by the time the kiss and dancing and stuff happened it wasn't so bad. We were pretty sobered up.

In the Dark:

It wasn't really a hookup...because simply put we didn't hookup. One kiss in my opinion is way different than hooking up. But I think I kind of see your point.

paradoxical:

I feel like it would be awkward to bring up the topic too.

Here's what I'm thinking for my options, let me know what you think:

1) Ask her directly "hey so was there something there wednesday, or was it just the alcohol talking" and see where that takes us. Although I think it makes me sound not confident at all.

2) Ask her out, "hey, do you want to come out for dinner tonight with me?". And from that I can get a pretty direct gauge of whether she likes me right?

Archived