Hey there -

A girl who works in a coffee shop began flirting with me about a month ago. On the rare occasions when she's working and I'm a customer, I've always flirted back. She's initiated several chats, as have I. We've also smiled plenty and made significant eye contact. I've noticed her eyeing me as I've left, pushing her hand through her hair as she first notices me, etc.

I would have made a move to ask her out if I hadn't been in the middle of ending a long-term on-again off-again relationship. The coffee shop girl is beautiful, we have plenty in common, and I'd love to date her. So I've been keeping the kettle warm, so to speak, by continuing to flirt with her.

But I haven't made a serious move because I don't want this to be a rebound relationship.

The thing is, I think she just decided that I'm not actually interested in her, and she's shut off her charm and eagerness to talk to me. That's understandable. I assume she thinks I would have made a move if I were interested and not merely chatty.

So how can I return to being a potential mate in her eyes? How can I show that I'm interested now that she probably thinks that I simply like to talk?

I'd like to warm her up to the idea that I like her before asking her out.

You advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have a lot of expierence in dating, but if it was me I would just ask her out, I wouldn't be able to do it the first time because I'm shy but it would take me a couple times. You know she likes you and she knows that but she doesn't know you like her. Asking her out would defintely show her you are interested her and probaly will surprise her. That is just what I was thinking, but if you wanna give the idea you like her just pick some flowers up or something (don't get roses becaues roses are more like a "I love you" just get some boque (hope i spelled it right)) of flowers and give it to her and say, "I was just walking down the street and saw these flowers and their beauty reminded me of you." Girls love that kinda stuff or at least thats what my g/f told me.

Well good luck.

Cya'll Later.

I think you should see if she wanted to hang out outside of her work, not as a date but just to hang out. It will give a chance for more flirting and getting to know each other better, and you said you worried about it being a rebound thing, give yourself a little time you will know when you are ready to start a relationship, just take it slow.

Good luck with everything