Never There When You Need Them

EQIQ

Ever noticed how when you really want to talk to a close friend, they are no-where to be found lol? I mean, not that you don't have close friends, but when you for some reason want a friend to talk to, they disappear for the entire day lol. Not in MSN, not at home, etc. And then, a day later or so, when you are already feeling ok, they are home, come on MSN... and you tell them what happened, and they feel bad for not being there the day before.. seriously this always happens to me.. its kinda retarded.

What to do when no close friends are there when you need someone to talk to?

Kind of like a Home Depot employee....always asking "finding everything you need?" then when you do need to find something, they are all on a smoke break.

LOL!!!!

Seriously, though, I write. Even if it's just for me. Or I call somebody - family or acquaintances and talk about stuff that's completely irrelevant. Hearing happy things from others somehow lifts my mood, and it gets my mind off of things.

LOL!!!!

Seriously, though, I write. Even if it's just for me. Or I call somebody - family or acquaintances and talk about stuff that's completely irrelevant. Hearing happy things from others somehow lifts my mood, and it gets my mind off of things.

Well, sucks that the one person I would like to call and talk to right now I can't really talk to her, because the girl that I want to talk about is staying at her house.. so.. no discretion whatsoever.

This is the part that sucks of having few but very good close friends. I have a lot of friends for soccer, and going out etc. But personal stuff, just very few close ones. Sucks..

Guess I just need to man-up and grow some lol

LOL!!!!

lol i like texting better due to work and class. ;]

hence when you need to schedule a hang out day.

• 1 month later...

sad to say but there are friends who are like that. i don't know if you can call them your real friends but the sad thing is that, they are there when they need you, but when they feel a lot better, and you need them, they dont have the time or simply just out of reach.. i have had a few friends who are like that and yes it hurts because you spent time to make them feel better, boost their morale, make them smile yet when it's time that you need them to pull you up when you are down, you find yourself alone again.

My expectations are different than yours- most of my friends have families/SOs plus careers -burning the candle at both ends. I do get frustrated when my retired mother is on the phone for hours at a time (no call waiting, no cell) and can't be reached when I need her (of course that makes me feel like a big baby!). If a friend promises to be available to talk at a specific time then I do expect her to be there absent some emergency.

today is when i need a friend the most but that person whom i care so much about in a short span of time and have been a good friend with, being there and all simply just cant find time to talk. sometimes i blame myself for caring too much coz whenever i do, i just feel bad when i dont get the same. i dunno if that person just used me to he can vent i dont wanna think that way but i hope he didnt because he came off as a very nice person to me .. i dunno this is really just sad..

Batya33, i know how it feels.. my friend replied to one of my posts on FB telling me he misses me but i wanted to tell him hello i was trying to call you yesterday but you were not answering now you are on fb telling me you miss me.. the thing that makes me feel bad is there was one time he went online and talked about his wife (who is also my friend) and eventhough i will get into trouble making a call on skype while im at work, i went out of my way to do that for him.. anyways, things are ok now, i texted him and told him i feel bad and he just said sorry and that his wife is considering divorce and he asked me to talk to her.. and right now that's what i am doing...

everyone you know will disappoint you at some time in your life, everyone. you cant have expectations on friendships. its a harsh reality when you finally realize that the only person you can truly count on is yourself, and even sometimes that doesnt always work the way you want it to.

Archived