after 10 months NC, my ex talks to me after I've ignored her the whole time.

TryingVeryHard

Don't beat yourself up. You handled it very nicely. No matter what you would have done, you would have questioned it either way. My only recommendation is let her go. Give up on the idea of being with her again. It may not be what you want to hear, but I promise that you will find someone far better.

My ex left a little over a year ago (after 7 together). She cheated and the RS couldn't survive it. I've had to re-learn the whole dating thing (still am, but getting better at it). Honestly, it kinda sucks, BUT with that said the few girls I've met have trumped my ex by leaps and bounds and I'm sure you will find the same thing. First though, give up on getting her back.

Incidentally, my ex has made several attempts to talk to me when she sees me in the clubs. I generally avoid her. Last time she said hi, I said hi back and walked off to my friends. She came up later, grabbed me on the shoulder and said "I just want you to say hi to me." I replied with "I did... but I hope you understand, we aren't going to be friends." Now keep in mind that I don't want her back at all. She is now a full blown party girl and that's not what I want in a future partner. However, I still question whether what I said was the right thing or not. In some ways my situation is a little different in that she cheated but ultimately it comes down to the same thing... I ALLOWED my ex to disrespect me at some level and I'm not willing to give her an opportunity to do it again. I suggest you do the same. Maybe you made some mistakes during the RS but your ex was thinking only of herself when she made the decision to leave. Now it's your turn to think of yourself.

I hope you feel better. Remember you are the prize. Don't forget that.

Archived