hi every one ... after a weekend of turmoil and agonising ex in bed with her new guy (saw them together on fri if anyone didnt read my post that day on it) went to work today like a zombie .. the empty feeling i had this morning getting out of bed was enormous... i did drink way too much alchohol over weekend but now i dont think will drink anymore .. makes it worse ... was tempted all day to text her and tell her what a * * * * she really is but thank god i didnt.. dont want to give her the satisfaction of her knowing im still in pain ... nc is where im staying... taken my power back and i will come out of this a better stronger person.... hope by x mas i will have my peace of mind fully back and ready to attack the new year

You're doing great, and the pain that you are experiencing is just awful. I wish it on no one. It is absolute hell to think about your ex with someone else. Try not to think about it. Stick with NC like you are doing, excellent call not hitting her with a text and I admire you for not doing that when you were drinking. When I went through my last break up I really had to fight off the bottle, and it really helped. It disciplined my mind, and focused my will harder. Concentrate on you, your responsibilities and your growth. In these efforts you cannot go wrong, and you may be really surprised with where they lead you. Hang in there.

Hope things are looking up tonight, forinstance. I'm proud of you for resisting the urge to contact her. It might feel great to vent, but engaging her that way will be worse for you in the long run. You're right! You've taken your power back. I think setting the goal of starting the new year fresh is a great one! See if you can avoid running into them until then, too. It hurts a WHOLE lot worse when you've got a visual to go with it. Trust me, if you can make it to 2011 without seeing her/them again, you'll be doing fine.

Hi forinstance.....

Hope this evening finds you feeling better - even if only a bit. I notice myself getting a tiny bit stronger each day - and the more strong moments we experience, the harder it is to slide back to the bottom of the roller coaster.

What you are going through is agonizing, but you showed your strength, by not contacting her even when you were drinking.

Your goal of moving forward and finding peace of mind by xmas and then starting fresh with the new year, is a great plan. I hope all of us can do this.

I wish you the best.....

Archived