it's still hurting me

After 4 weeks of not talking to each other my ex called me last Sunday. We talked for an hour and she "underlined" me that she only wants to stay friends and to be in touch with me. My definition of staying in touch and being friends is talking to each other 2-3 times a week or even less but she started to call me everyday since than. We are talking everyday for like 30min or longer. I have the feeling that I am the first one she calls when she gets off from work or school. The problem is that I can't just turn away from her and not answer the phone and she can't be away eather. For me it is hard to talk to her everyday but on the other side I can't think her out of my life. Sometimes she compares me to her bf. Which she is dating now and tells me that I am more handsome etc. I don't know what do to. It hurts me not to talk to her but it hurts to talk to her, too.

We can't be away from each other but we can't be together. Most of you know my store pretty well. I have the feeling that she is still checking some stuff out. I tolled her that I am dating a girl but that she isn't my girlfriend. She still askes me where I go what I do and why do I go to certain places. I have the feeling that she is still attached to me. I have also the feeling that she likes talking to me on the phone but doesn't want to see me, because she is afraid of that, because she would get crazy. That's my feeling I don't know I might be wrong.

I know the solution = we can't talk to each other….we should see each other but it hurts to much….all we are doing is dragging the whole thing and making it even more painful.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my text.

Oh this is real nice situation for her isnt it?

She gets what she needs from her BF and whatever he doesnt supply she gets from you. mmmm real nice set up.

Tell her goodbye, its all or nothing your a package deal, you need to face the pain, heal, then move on to another woman that wont play head games, and will love you as a whole person.

You definitely need to move on this is all head games. She is not being true to you as a friend by comparing you to this new man. This is all wrong and you should just move on and try to get on with life. There be other sweeties in your life and you sure deserve better then the way she is treating you. Well good luck and hope you feel better soon. from Tee

Just as all the previous people posted it is time to move on I was in a similar situation, where the realationship was being draged out and my Ex-girlfriend was stringing me along. It was hard to get away from her as we had dated for six years but i felt better after I finally got her out of my life and accepted the fact that we were not going to get back together. So get out and dont look back it will take a while to heal but it is the healthist thing for you to do.

Yes, I have to try to move on. Good thing is that she is going to Europe in few weeks...so I know she is away and maybe during that time i'll get over it. It is hard, because I am a very sensitive person...when I love someone I would give everything for that person well sometimes it's not the right thing to do. I'll try not to talk to her on the phone that often and try to shut down my cell i don't know...with one eye i'm happy to hear her voice but with the other i know it's not bringing any good...

thank you for your support

p.s a big thing is also that her and my family would never ever accept a rs between her and me anymore i think that would be the 3 world war

Hey stillthere,

I know that is really difficult for you not talk to your ex and understand that you still have alot of feelings and that you still love her. I know that there is alot of obstacles for guys to get back together. I don't know if that is what you want. I know is hard to let go because, I am kind in a similar situation like you, but I was the one that made the ultimate mistake. I am trying to get her back and that almost everyone in the world is telling to move on. But I really believe in my heart that we are meant to be together and that I will be patient and that with time hopefully she will forgive me for what I have done. Ask yourself, do you really want this still and the important thing is do what makes you happy. We really don't understand how you really feel inside and only you know. Everyone on this forum is trying to give you advice. I hopefully things will be get better.

jl301