Terrible decision-making.

im rly mad

I've noticed that I just generally make awful decisions... I don't know if they're out of fear, stupidity, or bad luck, but they have cost me a lot of money, time, and self-respect.

I want to be better and much quicker at making decisions, but I really don't know how.

I want to move out of the U.S., but I'm afraid to decide on where to move. I know I should travel there first and see if I like it, but I'm just way too afraid of spending so much money and time trying to travel to a certain place only to find I don't like it.

I have no clue what types of classes I should take and I feel like I don't even know what I feel like doing. I literally don't have any idea what I like to do.

I'm afraid of practicing something only to not improve and find that I just can't do that particular thing.

I know these things come with experience, and just trial and error, but I've been living in fear and worry with these thoughts my entire life. I have tried to read books about goal setting, positive thinking, and meditation, but I just can't generate any reasonable goals- no matter how big or small- that I can accomplish without these recurring thoughts.

I truly feel that I cannot change. With that attitude I won't, obviously. But I don't know how to change that attitude. Therapy hasn't seemed to do anything for me.

Okay you want to live in another country, but don't know where. I'd study international business and then go with the study abroad program, just pick a place of interest and go there for a semester. It's the best way to travel and experience other cultures with a safety net of sorts.

Archived