no contact all of a sudden...??

arsenic_n_lace

Okay so I am confused.

I’ve known this guy for a year and a half but we’ve always just been friends before now. Anyhow, we’ve been talking a lot lately for probably the past month and have gone on one date. Anyway, I know that in the past he’s always had a thing for me but I’ve always just viewed him as a friend and while talking to him recently he told me that he liked me and that he was attracted to me, etc… He’s a *bit* of a ladies man and he said that even though we’re not technically dating he was thinking about stopping all other romantic contact with girls besides me.

So anyway, last Friday he hadn’t said anything to me which was weird because usually he initiates contact and we text each other for the better part of the day. So I finally asked him if anything was wrong and he said “no everything’s the same I’m just really busy today and not feeling well” so I said okay but didn’t say anything else because I didn’t want to bother him. Well he didn’t say anything to me for the rest of the night and he didn’t say anything all weekend either and so far I’ve heard nothing from him today…

So I don’t know what to do. I don’t really want to say anything else because I don’t want to come off as being too eager but I also want to know what’s going on. Is it possible that he could lose interest in me so quickly? I just don’t get it… I don’t think I did anything wrong. The only thing I can think of is that maybe he met somebody else but I kind of doubt that because I know that he’s been really sick so he wouldn’t have had time to really meet anyone else.

We were friends before and I don’t want to not be friends anymore so should I maybe just send him a message and ask him what’s going on? Or should I wait for him to say something to me? Or should I wait another week or so and re-assess the situation then?

Well what did you say when he said he likes you and is thinking of not seeing other girls? You didn't say that you returned his feelings in your conversation with him, so maybe he feels like he needs to back off because you might not feel the same way.

No, we talked on the phone last week and I told him that I did like him; I said that I was open to dating him if he was to ask me out again and that's when he told me that he liked me too.

No, we talked on the phone last week and I told him that I did like him; I said that I was open to dating him if he was to ask me out again and that's when he told me that he liked me too.

I would check on him and ask how he is feeling or tell him u miss him

Archived