Advice for using tampons

Hey,

I have recently considered trying out tampons again. I remember buying some many years ago, but when it came to using them, i felt pretty intimidated : [. I also didn't put enough thought into the kind that i purchased back then. This time around, i have found a type that i hope will be suitable, but i'm still feeling pretty nervous about it.

I have read that it's very important to relax your body / muscles when inserting it, but i'm afraid that this may be really hard for me to do : [.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make things go a bit more smoothly? I've read articles on it, but i thought i'd also ask here. thanks !

yeah, i don't like tampons myself for the reasons you stated. but if you try, try with the slim fits, like the ones for teens. and get those with the 'easy glide' inserts. you may have to try a variety of positions (they will have instructions in the box) before you find what works for you.

what helps me is to do Kegels, squeeze and release like 5-10 times, and on the 5th release, insert the tampon. It's a way of "forced relaxation."

good luck!

Just try not to stress about it. After a while of doing it, you won't even have to think about. Maybe try standing with one leg on the bathtub and relax. Once you get used to putting them in you'll never go back. I only wear tampons and wouldn't have it any other way. Just so much easier and if it's in right, you don't even notice you're using one. Much more comfortable than pads or whatnot. Hope it works out for you!

thanks guys : ]

I hope i can get used to them; in a few days i would like to try it out. I wouldn't really plan on using them all the time, but in some moments i think they might be a bit more helpful/convenient for me.

This book was my bible when I was growing up and I learned how to use tampons from it too: link removed

It's got a 2 page spread with very helpful illustrations and step-by-step instructions. If you have a younger niece or cousin, I would buy this book, learn what you need from those 2 pages, and pass it on to her. Seriously, why not

(Of course, I've moved onto a diva cup which is much better than a tampon.)

Ditto. I love my diva cup. I haven't bought or used tampons for months.

Archived