When to meet the parents?

Daligal83

I've only been with my boyfriend officially for a week, but we've been dating for a month or so and talking for almost three months. Things are going very well and he came with me to a wedding that I was in this past weekend, which meant spending the weekend together since it was basically out of town. We live an hour apart and he lives in the city that I grew up in and where my parents still live.

So we agreed to spend the 4th of July together. The thing is that I think my family is planning to be together. My sister, her husband, and two daughters live in the same city as me. Last year we were all together and I think I overheard them planning something similar this year. Ideally I'd want to be with my family as well as my boyfriend, but I'm not sure if it's too soon to introduce him. I know he has said he isn't ready to introduce me to his family, but he thinks they're kind of whacky so he wants to hold out lol. What do you guys think?

My parents aren't like that really. And even if by chance they didn't like him, they wouldn't tell me. My parents didn't like my first boyfriend and they didn't say anything. My sister didn't like the way my last boyfriend talked to me and she didn't say anything. It's my best friend he has to worry more about and he's meeting her on Saturday lol.

I'm also worried he's going to be disappointed if we don't spend the holiday just the two of us. But then again going to see fireworks is kind of a low pressure way to meet the family. It's much less pressure than sitting around a dinner table.

Archived