Best Friend & Boyfriend.. Commitment issues..

divz21

Hey Guys

Hope everyone is well.. ok lets start from the beginning.. me and my best friend have been going out for almost 2 months and a bit.. which is pretty long for him since hes not really been a long term relationship.

My best friend since I was 13 years old.. im the only girl he has ever fallen in love with twice and alongside this im his only girl best friend...it was fine in the beginning.. i obviously know his history of being single and he has various crushes but tends to nothing about it.. the first time he fell in love with me i was involved with someone else.. and now hes in love with me and now i have fallen for him for the first time..

Problem is he admitted to me he liked this girl.. and she liked him.. but this girl is in a long term relationship with her boyfriend.. i know nothing will happen. Hes told me that hes not sure if this is what he wants a relationship with me.. he has his doubts and reserves.. simply because he feels that he shouldnt be liking someone when hes in a relationship with me..

Its hurting me alot.. so i told him i will give him some time to think about it.. i hope he makes a decision soon.. because this is killing me..he still wants to be best friends i dont mind being best friends but i still need time to get over him.. ive been in a 5 yr relationship before hand...and it took me so long to get over it.. i dont want to put myself through it again..

is there anything else i can do... feedback would be appreciated..

thanks for listening

divz

The problem is that youve been best friends for so long. It doesn't sound like he knows how to be in a relationship... with you especially, since youve been friends so long.

If you guys weren't dating, I'm assuming you'd be the first person he ran to when he liked a girl. He's still doing this because you've now blurred the line between best friend and girlfriend.

It won't be easy (if at all possible) for him and you to shake the friend vibe. Maybe you could sit down and define the boundaries of your relationship, and what can no longer be said seeing as youre no longer just friends.

Thanks for you advice ayo, your correct he has no experience in the relationship field.. thats a very good idea i like the sound of that : )

yeah thats so true, he would tell me everything and details and i think hes finding it hard.. i told him he can tell me anything as he should be.. i thought it would be easier if u know your friend so long.. but we both have grown to love eachother so much.. i really want it to work ive never been so happy with a guy...

It's never really easy to hear that your partner likes someone else, no matter how long you've known them. But that's not to say it won't work. Yours could be the perfect relationship- everyone wishes their significant other could also be their best friend. Just make sure you sit down and clearly tell him that it makes you uncomfortable to hear that he likes someone else, but only because of how much you love him.

Thanks Ayo...

we have an amazing friendship which has led to an amazing relationship....yes of course best friends and a relationship him is close to perfect..i just hope he realises that and still wants to be with me.. but i hope he misses me from the space we are having..

Archived