I Like her but she has a BOYFRIEND!

Hey peeps!

I know this may seem like a stupid post. . . but I have a real quick and painless question I would like to get some advice on. You guys have helped tremendously with my other posts and I am just asking you to do it one more time if you will, OK here it is:

I am a senior in high school getting ready to graduate here in about 3 months. There is a girl in my English class who sits right next to me and I have been attracted to her ALL year and just recently I have been getting signs that she likes me, when her legs are crossed her foot is pointing directly at me, she looks at me frequently, talks to me whenever she can, offers to take my books, homework, etc. up to the teachers desk. Ok, you're probably asking "heck man, whats your problem, go get her!" but there is one other slight problem. SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!!! HE'S A GEEK!!! and she has been dating him for over 2 years, and at first she talked about him constintly. Once my friend told me that the reason girls go for these geeky, sometimes jerk like figures is because they are the only ones with big enough "Gahoonas" to talk to them, if you know what I mean??? Ok, so lay it out for me fellas. What's the deal . . . should I go for it and if so how... also I forgot to mention we are both going to Ohio University after we graduate for HS, what a coincidence!!! THANXS in advance!

I think it is best to stay friends with her and remain cooperative with the relationship that she is currently in. I like my guy and always have because he doesn't boast about himself. He doesn't need too much effort to keep him happy, he isn't high maintainance. He doesn't need to flirt with other girls to prove he is somebody. He comes home when he should and is completely devoted as a husband and father.

Nerdy guys are a good investment in the long run finacially speaking. Opposites attract. The most attractive girl may not want the most attractive guy as then they are always competing to see who is the most attractive, and neither one wins in the long run.

Good looking people are normally high maintainance and not willing to settle for second best. If they are attracted to someone for less than obvious reasons, it doesn't hurt to ask what attracted her to him and vise versa.

You may learn something very important. That he is big where it matters, in the heart.

I think that you should stay friends with her and see how things progress from then. If she breaks up with her boyfriend for some reason then don't wait but go for her. Their is one more thing that you could do I don't like this idea that much but you could tell her how you feel about her. I don't like this that much but this is you other option. Anyways Good Luck.

Hi nturner,

Welcome back to eNotalone.com with your posting. It is good to hear that things are going okay with you. I am sure you are going to graduate high school this year. That at all times should be your first priority.

Regarding your post, I would like to state this first: your post in NO WAY is stupid or even sounds like it. You better stop thinking like that. People here come with their questions, because they simply don't know the answer or need some extra courage, help and or advice. You are just simply one of them.

As for my advice, this is going to sound a little mean, but could work. I know that not everyone is going to like this, but I am going to share this with you anyways: what are the chances that her b/f is going to the same university, too? If none, then I would say time is at your hand. The suggestions that have been made are pretty good then. Stay friends with her. There is a big thing that what she has now is just a high school crush and in the end, when she is in college (with YOU!), things will turn around ... *grins evil* ... in your advantage.

Hang in there is my advice .. good luck

~ SwingFox ~

mmm ending up in the same place? does she also know your going to the same school? I think she is checking you out and probably sees in you something shes missing in her BF or she realizes that its not going anywhere.

Ok lets see, I recommend being cool like you always are, smile at her, look into her eyes when she looks at you, help her with her books etc.

but dont make any moves.

In a couple months when school is almost over, Id just tell her someday, "you know, i have always liked you and didnt want to admit this to you because i knew you were already in a relationship and i respect that. also I didnt want you to feel uncomfortable with me, since you sit right next to me, but now that the year is over, i can finally admit this to you". whatever she says doesnt matter at that point, dont have anything with her at this time, she still needs to get over her future ex bf.

If she likes you, you will find out soon, i bet she drops her b'f before she starts OU. find her there, and date!

-------------------------

She doesn't need to know how many guys are after her! I think that will only spoil her. Let her think that she is just like everyone else for a little more time. Since you are going to college with her things will be different. You may grow closer, in friendship or what ever, but don't try and break her up from her boyfriend, that will make you look bad, I think!

It may backfire and leave you feeling really empty!

No one can steal me away from the one i truly love, when i had a girlfriend, other girls would sometimes show interests in me, that doesnt automatically mean i have to leave my GF!

if this girl is sending signals to this guy in class, only SHE knows her intentions, if she is tight with her boyfriend, a hundred guys a day can ask her out and say they like her, and shes not going to leave her BF!

If she is sending signals and likes this guy, she is the wanting out of the current b/f, and nothing is going to stop her from doing this.

i believe women are strong enough to reject the advances of anyone that just comes up and says they like them. most women and some men are strong enough for that.