after sex I feel distant.. is that normal?

Atticus90

Well a friend of mine and I had sex today.. It was just casual. We're both attracted to each other and all, no emotions involved blah blah...

This happens all the time, but saw someone post someting similar so it made me want to ask the question.

To you males: After you have sex/orgasm, do you have that mindset to where you just want to get away from the women. The thought of sex after I orgasmed makes it look disgusting. Before I always have sex I always try to control my thoughts so i don't feel that way, but for some reason I can't help it.

15 - 20 mins later I feel fine and I go again.. After that I feel the same way..

Just curious.. Sorta annoying sometimes, 'cause it'd be easier to go at it again if I didn't feel that way. I hope I got the message accross making a little sense lol.

well, I'm not a male, but maybe because it's just a casual thing and you have no feelings. if you loved someone, it might be different ( I hope)

I felt that way with my ex. Just everytime I'm done with sex my mind completely alters to where the thought of sex itself is disturbing

I have heard of this before, and I think some women feel it too. After its over and you've orgasmed, the last thing you want to think about is sex, but a bit later you're all good again. Maybe it's so the body can recharge? I think it is a pretty common reaction, but maybe you feel it more intensely than on average.

But yeah I've definitely felt like, "Eh, get your naked, sweaty carcass away from me and let me breathe for a bit."

I have heard of this before, and I think some women feel it too. After its over and you've orgasmed, the last thing you want to think about is sex, but a bit later you're all good again. Maybe it's so the body can recharge? There's definitely some brain chemistry at work.

But yeah I've definitely felt like, "Eh, get your naked, sweaty carcass away from me and let me breathe for a bit."

Didn't know women felt this. She was ready to go again RIGHT away and I told her I needed a shower ( excuse ).. I don't know how women can go on and on without having to "recharge"

I don't really have sex with my boyfriend much but when he gives me an orgasm, I need to "back off" for a while. he jokes with me because he'd like to cuddle but sometimes I just want to roll over and be left alone for a while/fall asleep.

I guess it depends on the person but I wouldn't call it abnormal or anything.

Archived