Living Together

soporcogitavi

Ive been with my partner for a few months now, everything is absolutely incredible. Romance, Chemistry, Physical and Emotional connection, its all there. We have recently talked about living together, she owns a small condo, and I stay there with her and its not nearly large enough. I have a great job and own a property. The property I own was an investment and im in the midst of selling it. The profit I make from that property will go towards debt I have. I was a little irresponsible when I was younger and therefore had accumulated a large debt which I have already substantially paid off, but essentially after I sell the property I will be have paid off the debt.

Now I do have some other assets, lets say around 7k or so to put towards the down payment of a home or property. She on the other hand is in a much better position, while her job pays considerably less, she has inherited a significant amount of money after her fathers death quite some time ago. I believe she is under the impression that we both have a large amount of money to put down on a home, but realistically I may only have about 20k in the bank when that time comes in the next year.

I dont know if im ready to go in depth about finances with her just yet, or do you guys believe I should just tell her the situation? I dont think im in a horrible position financially? What do you think? Would she or should she make an issue of this if we spoke about this?

Thanks

So after your debt is payed, you'll have 20k in the bank, correct?

I'd say that's really good. Some people don't even net that in a year, let alone gross...

You're off to a good start if I'm reading correctly. You've been together for a few months and already talking about moving in together? Now that's a little to soon don't cha think?

So after your debt is payed, you'll have 20k in the bank, correct?

I'd say that's really good. Some people don't even net that in a year, let alone gross...

You're off to a good start if I'm reading correctly. You've been together for a few months and already talking about moving in together? Now that's a little to soon don't cha think?

After my debt is paid with the next month ill be at 0$, but by the time we're ready to move lets say about 6-7 months, which is what we're looking at then I will have about 20k saved up.

Archived