Q for men

I have a Q out of curiosity for men. It may sound funny or strange, but its not meant to be.

I can never understand why men like (or loooove) to shave their facial hair every single day instead of just waxing it off and enjoying the freedom from hair for a few weeks? Shaving does more harm than good to hair and to skin. Or why not just go for electrolysis instead? Most men don't want to grow a beard or a mustache. Why keep paying the razor and shaving cream companies for something that you are not interested in keeping anyways? And men talk about women paying for unnecessary stuff!

Waxing it off seems...over the top. Having the possibility of growing a beard is more important than actually having one. I think most guys don't want to get rid of it. Personally I grow out my beard at least once every two months or so, sometimes a lot more. With that said, when I don't grow one..I do shave every single morning..since I prefer being completely clean shaven at that point.

It is a way to change it up a little. Most guys shave because of social pressure, or because of work. Doesn't mean they don't enjoy having the option though. Personally, more guys should grow zee beard.

I'm not sure if it's the case in general, but i thought that facial hair on guys would often be too thick, and too painful to wax off. Maybe on another area of the body is wouldn't be as bad, but on the face, i imagine it hurting a lot more for guys. I don't know for sure though.

I once wore a full red beard. I trimmed it and all that. It turned white and made me look like Gabby Hayes (an old fart character actor you kids never saw) so I started shaving. It's less work to wave a razor in the shower and cheaper than anything else. Probably 3 bucks per month, and gives me the option of returning to Gabby status when I wanna tell the world to piss off.

I'd shave my head, but I'm not into the popular Dachau look.

We like to shave because it is all we have to express ourselves physically. Women have hair, makeup,clothes, fingernails, toenails, etc. The only way a straight man can change his look is through his hair. And since most men have thinning hair and graying beards when we get older, even that gets taken away. It is also a sign of manhood when you are a teenager to be able to shave and later grow a mustache or beard. I can remember having long conversations with my friends about the status of our beard growth. Those were the days!

Yes, like I said, I can never understand the place of "facial hair" in a man's life and how manly they feel because of it while growing up.

Its like women talking about bra size, boobs, "Oh, my 1st bra", "Oh, my 1st period" nonsense! I hated my mom for letting everyone around her know that I got my periods. What nonsense is that

its what separates men from boys.

Thats BS, some men cant grow full beard in their 20s, still it doesnt mean they are not adults.

Men like to stay in touch with their inner cave man who has full facial hair. They like to connect with their inner cave man at least several times a week.

Haha well said.

Archived