Strange friend

speak

So there is this guy that I met a year ago. We are friends and all and we have had a pretty on and off again friendship. Somehow, we both end up i arguments over something (he is really materialistic) and every time we do - he throws things up like, my personal problems. Like, things I tell him about myself that are flawed to me or my family issues and all. It's like, he is okay until we argue and things I have confided in him to he throws in my face. Like a few fays after my dad died I didn't want to hang out and he went on a text frenzy and called me a thousand names and all. He is materialistic and always wants to talk about where he shopped and what he bought while I want to talk about deeper things. Usually about two weeks after he argues with me, he sends me nice texts and wants to hang out. Why does he do that? Should I eliminate him from my close circle of friends?

i wouldn't confide in someone who doesn't have enough class to keep things like that out of arguments. that's horrible. i'd understand if it slipped in a really heated fight, but there's no excuse for his behaviour. i'd find someone else to confide in. seriously.

I agree. Especially two days after my father passed. He gets mad when I don't want to sleep over (we are 21) or do what he wants or hang out when he wants. Why is it that he is like texting me back two weeks later after he syas things like, "You are a trashbag...have a anice life." or u know worse? Why does he pursue the friendship when he says he hates me

I think the question should be, why do you allow someone to treat you like that? The very first time he started calling you names, and being disrespectful, was the time to call off this "friendship."

You can do much better...

maybe it is because I am lonely...I've been going through a difficult time and I am ready to enforce a positive way of life now.

I agree. Especially two days after my father passed. He gets mad when I don't want to sleep over (we are 21) or do what he wants or hang out when he wants. Why is it that he is like texting me back two weeks later after he syas things like, "You are a trashbag...have a anice life." or u know worse? Why does he pursue the friendship when he says he hates me

Why does he pursue? This seems pretty simple who wants to hang out with a jerk who calls someone he proposes to like a trashbag or other various names. Number one he doesn't care about you. He appears to be using you and trying to keep you around only when it is convenient to him. I realize this very likely hurts, but someone needs to say it. If he honestly cared about you, he wouldn't be drilling your self esteem. He wouldn't be trying to use your emotions to get his way. If it was me, I'd rather be alone than with someone who is like poison to me. I know being alone sucks, but which is better being in a verbally abusive relationship, or being alone? It's up to you, but think about it hard hun. I wish you the best. Remember also that you aren't alone. No pun intended but that's kinda why this site exists... I appreciate that a lot more now. Anyway, take care and feel better.

Archived