Guys, ever asked a girl out at the gym ?

Someday_Soon

So I'm in the gym the other day, sitting in the free weight area, and two girls walk over into my general area. Both attractive, and I'm thinking to myself I ought to say something to them and see if I can find out more about them. Well, then I start to pick up on their conversation.....they are discussing the gyms in the area where they feel most comfortable. One girls talks about how awful this other gym is b/c she gets hit on nearly every day and that bothers her. The other girls agrees its a growing problem that is becoming annoying. So now I'm thinking women would just rather be able to keep to themselves and finish their workout without being bothered. Sort of a bummer b/c I see this as a great opportunity to meet other women who are into the healthy lifestyle.

Trying to pick up women at the gym is probably the worst idea. Nothing annoys them more. A gym is a place where women come to workout not a place where they have to worry about turning down guys. Go to the club or bar for that. Picking up someone at the gym is completely sleezy and very unprofesional. Makes you seem like you're there to score chicks rather than focus on your routine.

I'm gay and have a few very attractive straight female friends. They've told me before, rather candidly, that getting hit on grows exhausting after a while. It happens to them everywhere. At work, going for a run/walk on the street, out at the supermarket, while doing recreational activities (bars, etc). It just never ends.

I'm gay and have a few very attractive straight female friends. They've told me before, rather candidly, that getting hit on grows exhausting after a while. It happens to them everywhere. At work, going for a run/walk on the street, out at the supermarket, while doing recreational activities (bars, etc). It just never ends.

Makes me glad I'm a guy

When I'm at the gym I'm focused on my workout. I actually have my ipod in & avoid making eye contact with anyone the whole time for this reason.

Kinda funny that you were thinking of hitting on them right when they were talking about how annoyed they are with getting hit on. Just an observation. I wouldn't be suprised if they knew you were going in for the kill & that's why they started talking about it.

Kinda funny that you were thinking of hitting on them right when they were talking about how annoyed they are with getting hit on. Just an observation. I wouldn't be suprised if they knew you were going in for the kill & that's why they started talking about it.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

A girls opinion: I wouldn't have any problem with guys asking me out on the gym. Since it's nearly the most odd place to ask one out (I've never heard of anyone doing so sofar) I think that it's a pretty cute thing to do.

That is of course depending on HOW you choose to ask anyone out. Flashing abs is just screaming for unwanted attention...

Archived