Its been almost a year since the break up, and he has been in a relationship for ten months with the other girl. They're obsessed with each other, to the point where people have told me its sickening. It makes me really sad that he was never that 'in love' with me. He was my first love and I'm upset that I probably wasn't his, and that she is. I don't know, I'm just in a downer today.

You can not let this ex of yours control your life... you are a great girl and you will find love again, that is what you need to tell yourself. You can not go through your life like this. Pull yourself out and you will find love again. You will love someone else again and you will find someone who will love you 10 times that of what you have felt in the past... trust me!! you have a lot to offer someone and when your guy comes along you will know it... and he will be a lucky man.

If you absolutely can't stop thinking about him and this other person, try thinking about it in a different light, at least. Instead of thinking "he's so happy with this new person", try thinking "look how happy he is, if HE can be that happy with someone else, that MUST mean I will be able to do the same when I am ready" or something along those lines....because it's true.

If you absolutely can't stop thinking about him and this other person, try thinking about it in a different light, at least.

Also realise that they have been enjoying the Honeymoon stage and that ALL relationships will have their problems....

My ex is still with her new BF 1 year later now.....I know how deep the cut goes*

K2*

It's almost a year and you're still dwelling on this?

You NEED a social life! You're doing yourself a great disservice by wallowing in stuff that's a year old.

Hang out with friends, do things you love, pick up a hobby, take a road-trip, join a social/dating site, anything.

What you're doing is making yourself EMOTIONALLY UNAVAILABLE to dating by continuing on this track.

Yes, he was your first love. A lot of people don't end up with their first love though-- this isn't uncommon at all. Wallowing is NOT healthy.

You'll never grow as a person if you don't learn to accept things.

The sad thing is that I have a social life. I go out with my friends every weekend, and I've been on numerous dates with a few different guys over the past six months or so. Don't get me wrong - I'm doing much better than before, but every now and again it just stings me. I don't know, I know that eventually time will make things better as it has.

Oh well, if I am wallowing it can't go on forever I'd hope.

He came into my school again. I saw the back of his head and I knew it was him. Surprisingly I didn't burst into tears, I just got some chills and I was pretty calm the whole time. I don't know if I really love him or not. I know I'm not IN love with him, but part of me still cares for him reguardless and would love to see the boy I fell in love with come back in my life. I know that I CAN move on, it was easier seeing them together today than it has ever been.

I don't know what is taking me so long to get over this. I'm attractive, I've had many guys ask me out on dates, I'm smart, funny and I have a great future in my horizon. He, on the other hand, doesn't have much going on for him. I don't want to be cocky, but I feel I just need to lay it out for myself as a reality check. I could do a million times better than him, but I miss the way we connected, and those stupid witty responses he would come up with, and he sweet he was to me. Its so hard.

I dunno.

I don't know what is taking me so long to get over this. I'm attractive, I've had many guys ask me out on dates, I'm smart, funny and I have a great future in my horizon. He, on the other hand, doesn't have much going on for him. I don't want to be cocky, but I feel I just need to lay it out for myself as a reality check. I could do a million times better than him, but I miss the way we connected, and those stupid witty responses he would come up with, and he sweet he was to me. Its so hard.

I dunno.

No, go ahead and think positive! Just use it to boost you up, not go to your head. The connection is the hardest part - you feel like you link consciously. It's not the looks or anything like that, it' having your thoughts intertwined. That's why you feel like you are losing a part of yourself if you had a long-term relationship - in a way you sorta do. The neat thing, though, is that it always feels like the first time. You will find a person and you will make that connection again. It's what we're programmed to do!

Now, of course, that's not nearly all there is to love, so don't mistake it for love. But it is an important part and shouldn't be understated.

Archived