Good movie for post-breakup

Hey guys, I'm dealing with one as well if you've read my posts.

Either way, the movie "Swingers" from 1996 really hit it home with me. It was funny and made me feel better. The main character is just out of a 6 year relationship and its kind of his story of healing.

The first scene of the movie is about no contact rule as well!

Trust me, if you're down, go rent/watch it online now!

Hey guys, I'm dealing with one as well if you've read my posts.

Either way, the movie "Swingers" from 1996 really hit it home with me. It was funny and made me feel better. The main character is just out of a 6 year relationship and its kind of his story of healing.

The first scene of the movie is about no contact rule as well!

Trust me, if you're down, go rent/watch it online now!

I just saw this movie, thank you for recommending it. It does help a lot, and gives you hope that the pain will end eventually and youll move on with time, whether youre ready or not.

Don't agree with the other movies mentioned in this thread, too depressing, and they won't put you in a great mood. But I LOVE Swingers. It's so realistic, and fun. My all time favorite break up movie is Better Off Dead. Love that movie! It will make you smile and give you hope for a better life without the ex, no matter how bad you feel. Even if you feel like you'd be better off dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most of the films mentioned I found depressing. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind..seriously, the movie is amazing but in no way would it help me through the breakup.

What helped me was TV series on dvd. I had actually not watched Lost so I started from season 1 episode 1. Also Sex & the City, Grey's Anatomy..stuff like that. Great movie also and very inspiring "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey.

2 years after my break-up with my ex-ex, I still haven't watched Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. My ex-ex said it reminded him of our relationship while we were together, and he mentioned it again after the break-up.

I liked My Best Friend's Wedding.

Archived