what's it like dating someone who's into drugs?

arsenic_n_lace

IMO weed isn't something to be that worried about,

i would be worried if it was coke, crack or any thing else,

even alcohol would be worse IMO

i don't smoke weed but a lot of my friends do and it doesn't change who they are,

just sometimes when they are really really high they are more quite then usual..

plus it says you're 21 so it could just be an age thing,

a lot of people go thru it during college

its annoying. my ex didnt want to do anything without smoking weed first ( eating, a movie, sex . . . ) then when he was stoned he would be out of it and not into cuddling. Unless you are both on the same thing together it kind of sucks.

I was hanging out with a guy a little while ago who is really into weed. To me it was just annoying. Twice I texted him to hang out, was ignored, and when I expressed my annoyance I was told "Sorry I couldn't respond I was too high." Google told me that people who regularly get high don't have great memories, and he's been doing it for years, so every time we made plans I always assumed he'd forget because his memory sucks because he smokes weed. When we spoke on the phone I never knew if it was really him or if he was high and wasn't telling me. I'd rather date someone whose personality is constant and who I know what to expect from. I mean he has a good job and is in college full time and doing good, but the weed thing did bother me. I'd be careful if I were you.

Have you done it before? I have a few times and honestly I don't really get it. Being drunk is like a very obvious feeling, but being high just made me really want to go to sleep.

It depends on the maturity. I have a LOT of friends who smoke pot on a regular basis, but they are responsible with it, and only use it at appropriate times. It's like drinking a beer or two in the evening.

They are absolutely normal and functioning adults.

If you aren't going to start smoking with him...it's a dead end road.

Know that as an adult it just doesn't work...eventually the game has to stop.

I'd make sure you let him know and see where it goes....but know there are 3 Billion people on this planet....no big deal if he isn't the one.

My first BF smoked pot everyday. After a while he stopped wanting to go anywhere or do anything. He never called me or wanted to hang out during the week. He admitted that all he wanted to do after work was smoke pot and watch TV. We only lasted 4 months.

Recently I was hanging out with a guy and found out he was into drugs. Not just pot but coke and E. Everytime I talked to him he was high and totally different that when he was sober. I had to cut him off.

My first boyfriend smoked every day and it was awful, but he was one of those stereotypical irresponsible stoners. He was lazy, boring and lacked any kind of ambition. Despite having a full-time job and living at home, he was always broke because he drank and smoked all of his money. The icing on the cake was when he came to meet my parents for the first time all red-eyed and giggly. After that I gave him the ultimatum- the weed or me. He chose the weed.

That said, I do enjoy smoking every once in a while. The last time I did it was about 3 months ago. I enjoy the relaxed feeling and laughing my butt off with friends. Dating someone who enjoyed it on the odd occasion like I do wouldn't be a problem for me, but if it happened on a regular basis, I couldn't deal with that again. I've been burned badly before.

My first boyfriend smoked every day and it was awful, but he was one of those stereotypical irresponsible stoners. He was lazy, boring and lacked any kind of ambition. Despite having a full-time job and living at home, he was always broke because he drank and smoked all of his money.

I rest my case.

Unfortunately, I've come accross far more deadbeat regular pot smokers than the highly ambitious ones that everyone seems to talk about.

That's why there is textbook data on the predominance of long-term pot smoking and its inherent loss of drive. That's why it's a standing joke - the 35-year-old pothead living in his mom's basement, because he has lost all drive in life.

Unfortunately, I've come accross far more deadbeat regular pot smokers than the highly ambitious ones that everyone seems to talk about.

A lot of times folks that regularly smoke pot don't go for certain jobs because they require potential new employees to take a drug test. At my first "real" job after college a guy suddenly disappeared the second day because he didn't pass the drug test. It was sad because he was a very nice guy and that job would have been a great opportunity for him. My dad talks about how some people sweat when they do random hair tests at his job. I know a few people who can only work at bars or do odd jobs because they want to be able to get high. My ex was lucky that he had a good job and got in before most places required drug tests.

I'm glad that even though I've given pot a try I don't like it. I don't want to mess up any future job prospects.

Where I live we don't really do pre-employment or random drug testing, unless it's for a job that involves public safety. The statement I made above still stands from my experience.

I also think that if someone can't forgo getting high for their dream career, then that says a lot about them.

Where I live we don't really do pre-employment or random drug testing, unless it's for a job that involves public safety. The statement I made above still stands from my experience.

I also think that if someone can't forgo getting high for their dream career, then that says a lot about them.

Yup. Awesome career > Pot

So I’m going to be going on a date with this guy and from his facebook page I can tell that he’s into smoking weed. I’ve never dated anyone who’s been into drugs before and I’m not really sure how I feel about it.

So I just want to know from people here who’ve dated guys who’ve smoked weed, how the relationship was. Did it change things? Was it a non issue? Did they turn into different people while doing the drugs?

My husband was a huge pot-head when I met him and it definitely affected our relationship in the long run. I thought that because he was nice, smart, and functional, it wasn't a big deal (I'm not a smoker myself), but it brought up all sorts of stuff around addiction over the years that took a toll on us. For some people, it's a non-issue, but having never done drugs myself, I didn't realize how big of an issue it would be until way down the line.

Well, I occasionally smoke, and have for nearly 9 years. I don't really that much anymore, but I agree with another poster who wrote that it's like having a beer or two in the evening. I might do that to unwind and to watch a movie, but so long as I had nothing else to do, I saw nothing wrong with it. I did house work, I washed my car...

I think a wake and bake is absolutely disgusting though, and pretty foolish to go to class high. I didn't really believe that anyone could be addicted to weed, but I know one guy who smokes at least 5 times a day, and he has a normal functional life... although, he hasn't had a girlfriend for longer than 6 months for a very, very long time. So yes, be responsible about it. People shoudln't have to know if you smoke weed. Especially though facebook - think about potential employers. That is on there forever! It's almost as annoying as people who have pictures of themselves on facebook and they're completely plastered all the time, or they always have a drink in their hand.

Archived