Oh man, had to share....

brahman

I was sitting down today in a public place and these two ladies older than me walked up to the table in front of me. I didn't see the lady until I saw her wagging her butt. She was accross the area at first, just standing their with her friend twisting slowly back and forth like you see little girls do sometimes. This lady had curves and a half. She walked up to the table with her low cut shirt and tight jeans and I couldn't help but look up and right then she see's me, some kid who she can tell is staring at her, and she looks at her friend and says, "Wow it looks great outside, lets go sit out there." I had to laugh, girls who obviously dress to look nice and the hilariousness of her getting the attention. I often wonder in moments like that if girls feel either good that they are attractive enough to be stared at, or disgusted by the guy who is looking at them only for their meat, because there tight pants and low cut shirt. Life is so funny. And you know I am usually good about not staring, but I just saw an older lady who I was never gonna date or even try and I completely forgot I wasn't supposed to stare.:splat:

Some people are attention oars and thats just what they want - to be stared at. Whether they are dressed in a bikini or a clown costume I don't think there is anything wrong with indulging them by taking a look. It's when people are NOT out to get attention and you stare that you become creepy.

xyzzzz - the best way to know if a guy is staring at you because you're funny or good looking (aside from if he is whistling or laughing) is by judging yourself before you leave your home... do you look funny or sexy?

Some people are attention oars and thats just what they want - to be stared at. Whether they are dressed in a bikini or a clown costume I don't think there is anything wrong with indulging them by taking a look. It's when people are NOT out to get attention and you stare that you become creepy.

xyzzzz - the best way to know if a guy is staring at you because you're funny or good looking (aside from if he is whistling or laughing) is by judging yourself before you leave your home... do you look funny or sexy?

I don't think this has anything to do with gender - I agree. I don't know if most people care in that situation whether others like their looks - but they do care whether the person is interested in getting to know them better as people. Staring by itself really doesn't give you any information about that.

If I get stared at by a stranger on the street and determine it's not because he thinks he knows me, my first thought is how to get away without making a scene.

sexy to me might be funny to other people.For example if Im wearing thigh high blaxk socks with holes(designed this way) and I think its hot.But other people may think the holes are irritating or ridiculous

I doubt anyone would go out the door thinking "i look so ridiculous in this, people have got to stare..."

And i honestly can't distinguish "funny" looks from "admiring" ones. Whenever I wear a skirt and get stares, i feel self-conscious and don't feel comfortable anymore. So the skirt will get banished to the back of the closet, never to be seen again!

sexy to me might be funny to other people.For example if Im wearing thigh high blaxk socks with holes(designed this way) and I think its hot.But other people may think the holes are irritating or ridiculous

Exactly. That's my point... You already have the thought running through your head "other people may think the holes are irritating or ridiculous". So there is a better chance if someone is looking at you its because its a little different looking than if you wore jeans.

I just mean to say that everyone has judgments about themselves and they can use these judgments to assess why other people look at them - or don't look at them.

Everything is relative too. Such as a conservative grandma may more likely find your boots irritating than someone your own age/gender.

Exactly. That's my point... You already have the thought running through your head "other people may think the holes are irritating or ridiculous". So there is a better chance if someone is looking at you its because its a little different looking than if you wore jeans.

I just mean to say that everyone has judgments about themselves and they can use these judgments to assess why other people look at them - or don't look at them.

Everything is relative too. Such as a conservative grandma may more likely find your boots irritating than someone your own age/gender.

Yes still is there anyway I can tell whether their judgement is good or bad? Based on the way they look at me

Archived