What attracts guys my age?

Fudgie

(I don't really have a problem here, I'm just wondering something.)

Ever since I can remember, I haven't been able to attract my male peers. I am not ugly, I am actually very decent looking, but wouldn't say that I'm a BOMBSHELL... I have acne (due to my PCOS) but I wash myself regularly. I dress very modestly and don't wear any make-up and wear my hair down. I have a very full figure (went through puberty early) that I think ages me considerably.

As I got older, I've found that I relate more to older men, hence my much older boyfriend. I'm not upset or anything...I just think it's kind of funny that NO guy my age has ever shown any romantic interest in me. I have lots of guy friends that I see and stuff, but I don't have any feelings toward them, or they towards me. I'm seen as the more of the "nerdy" gal who is good with homework, and a sharp, politically-incorrect sense of humor (I believe I am funny IRL, not online, I'm afraid).

I've never flirted with anyone and have never been flirted with by any guy under the age of 30.

So I am wondering, what is it about someone that attracts guys in their 20s? Attitude? Looks? Clothing? Hobbies? Personality?

Or what attracts older men? (Normally the ones who hit on me think that I am much older than I truly am).

It's just kind of funny to think about.

Looks, attitude, personality, all of them. I actually get attention from younger guys when I go out (mostly in bars or parties), dunno why. Maybe your problem is that you don't look very approachable and like you said maybe because you look nerdy and not so much into having fun.

Looks, attitude, personality, all of them. I actually get attention from younger guys when I go out (mostly in bars or parties), dunno why. Maybe your problem is that you don't look very approachable and like you said maybe because you look nerdy and not so much into having fun.

It's very possible. I definitely have that "BOOKWORM" scrawled all over me. I'm not willing to change though, I like who I am.

I was thinking it was because I dress modestly and am very serious, but I guess that "nerdiness" plays a part too.

Maybe that's why older men like me in turn?

This is kind of interesting

I'm almost 20 *hehe* but I think much has to do with outward appearances. In no way am I condoning a man to only look on the outside, but it's very true that what a person sees is what attracts them initially. And also in no way am I assuming you aren't attractive either - but this is merely my opinion of what attracts most younger men. [i say most because I stray away from suggesting something for an entire gender]

I think much of it has to do with how you walk, talk and present yourself PLUS all of the extra little things you can do to compliment your natural features. Why not try a little soft eye makeup? I used to do ALL of my friends' eyes and I had to teach them on their own too. Depending on what you look like, etc etc - I'm sure I could give you some amazing tips if you're interested ^_^

Sometimes when you pay a little more obvious attention to your outward looks, people notice more ya know? Once again, I mean this in all sincerity and to be helpful, please don't take this the wrong way!

It's very possible. I definitely have that "BOOKWORM" scrawled all over me. I'm not willing to change though, I like who I am.

I was thinking it was because I dress modestly and am very serious, but I guess that "nerdiness" plays a part too.

Maybe that's why older men like me in turn?

This is kind of interesting

I don't think it has a lot to do with how you dress to be honest. It might help if you put more effort into your looks tho, but I know girls that dressed very modest and still got lots of attention from guys their age. Its just how you look in general and specially how you act. If you're a girl who always like to stay at home, is not into partying or having fun with her friends, then chances are they might not want to be with you. That's my guess anyways.

As far as why older men are interested, they go for any young thing they can get,lol. So I think even if you dressed, looked or acted differently, older men would still hit on you.

I was one of the biggest nerds in school... and I mean literally. Geobowl, 4.3, 4 AP classes, bookclubs, anime kids, band kids, calculus as a junior, college classes OMG I was a total nerd...

While I had serious trouble trying to get guys at school, the moment I stepped off campus every single guy anywhere absolutely adored me [not to sound conceited, I am only stating a fact] - and I think it was because if you saw me, I didn't look like a stereotypical nerd at all although I beat half the chess club and everyone in calculus copied off of me.

That's where my prior suggestion came from ;]

Yeah, I was thinking it may have to do with outward looks. Don't worry, I know you're being sincere and I didn't take it the wrong way.

I have huge brown eyes. I'm a little worried about doing eye make-up because I have this weird fear of poking my eye out with the eyeliner (I am so weird, haha).

I would like to remove the acne though. I am on treatment for the PCOS but some acne is still there. Mostly just my old acne scars are noticeable (from when I was 12). I'd like to cover those up, but that's just not attract anyone...I just don't like them

Like I said in my original post, I'm content with how I am and don't intend to change (I'm happy with the current bf) but I do wonder what is it about me that makes me virtually undateable in the college atmosphere...

I was one of the biggest nerds in school... and I mean literally. Geobowl, 4.3, 4 AP classes, bookclubs, anime kids, band kids, calculus as a junior, college classes OMG I was a total nerd...

While I had serious trouble trying to get guys at school, the moment I stepped off campus every single guy anywhere absolutely adored me [not to sound conceited, I am only stating a fact] - and I think it was because if you saw me, I didn't look like a stereotypical nerd at all although I beat half the chess club and everyone in calculus copied off of me.

That's where my prior suggestion came from ;]

LOL that's funny Being a nerd is fun.

I do think a part of guys liking you though was because 1) you're pretty (that's you in your avatar, right?) and 2) You didn't look like a stereotypical nerd. See, I do ..and that's mostly what I talk about...haha

worriedgirl -

I don't know, the type of older men who hit on me are different. They tend to mistake me for someone in their late 20s or higher. Most of them are single and looking for a relationship. I don't meet on college campus or anything, and I'm usually alone, so they assume I'm older, I guess. I don't ooze sex appeal, so if that's what they're looking for, then they wouldn't hit on me.

Yeah, that's me in the picture ;] I should post a different one so people don't think I'm naturally in sepia tones haha

I don't know what PCOS is, but what's an absolute miracle for me and with everyone I've suggested it to is Nature's Cure. It's extremely potent so I literally use barely anything, like to the point where I don't even see or feel it on my finger when I apply the cream - but then again I've seen people load it on so you'll have to see how your skin responds [if you choose to use it of course]. It literally takes ALL of it away, even those stupid little bumps that aren't even pimples but are there anyway ugh haha. Ever since using that, I've had a perfectly clear face.

For a glowing face, I use St. Ives - practically their entire line. But if I use the acne solution ones, I don't use the Nature's Cure [mixing medications is bad of course].

I use face makeup - so if you're wondering what the best I've tried is, I'll tell you ;]

As for eyeliner, no worries, it won't hurt you. Big brown eyes are gorgeous, and so much can be done with that color it's ridiculous!

Ah! I want to give you a little soft makeover now! hehe it's not changing who you are, it's accentuating your natural looks.

how you dress has something to with it. obviously you can dress to look older or younger thats a given for anyone.

Its all about how you carry yourself though

If you present yourself as mature and smart, maybe have a good job or investing time to get that.....than yeah your going to come accross as a little older.

PCOS is Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. I got diagnosed when I was 18 but I was feeling the effects of it for years.

It's a hormone disorder that happens and never goes away. It can make you infertile and fat. I lost weight though last year. I'm on meds but it causes really bad acne, no matter how much I wash my face. It's better now but I have BAD scars from years before. Laser treatments didn't work (I got laser burned) so microdermabrasion this summer!

I've heard good things about St. Ives, but I will need to ask the doctor to make sure its okay! I am currently using a new topical med she gave me that seems to work thus far, but it's irritating at times so I reduced it. Otherwise, I use special soap and stuff.

Brown eyes are nice? I always thought mine were "ok" because blue eyes seem all the rage. That makes me feel better

My boyfriend says he likes brown eyes the best...he says that they have the most warmth and he likes to look into them. ^^

I love your new avatar! you look great!

I don't know what you did with your makeup with the eyes but it looks very nice. See, I think some girls overdo eye makeup, but I really like yours.

*blush* oh gee thanks *giggles* I really haven't had anyone tell me I'm attractive except my boyfriend.

I'm told make up would "help" but I am not sure how! I would least like to look better for when I have to start doing interviews and such for the internship next summer. I have a lot of work to do.

[[*phew* Picture actually fits with a good resolution again ^_^]]

You can do SO much with your eyes!

As for solid color options: a warm, matte brown eye shadow [medium tone] on your crease, near the lash line and flair it out a little bit at the end/then blend. It will lengthen and even it out so you're not just making circles ;] Blending that onto your lid with a little jade green eyeshadow - heck, you can really just play around with purple a whole bunch and bring that brown out more!

By the way, I would stick with matte because it looks more natural and it's much easier to play with first as opposed to those super glittery ones (which I personally don't like)

A dark brown eyeliner would be best since you have such a romantic face which is rare, and lining the top rather thickly and the bottom just on the outer 1/3 and fade it inwards. That's the basic trick I use with my black gel eyeliner you like so much ;]

Also, a nice trick to bring out your eyes more is to put a little of your foundation on your lips (a LITTLE hehe) and put a little chap stick over it. I have CRAZY pink lips (as you saw in the other picture in which I actually tried to tone them down already) and this helps draw more attention to my eyes.

You've got great features and have endless possibilities - go to your local Sephora and they will do your makeup with whatever you choose for free, plus you can take samples home to try it out yourself. ^_^

*blush* oh gee thanks *giggles* I really haven't had anyone tell me I'm attractive except my boyfriend.

I'm told make up would "help" but I am not sure how! I would least like to look better for when I have to start doing interviews and such for the internship next summer. I have a lot of work to do.

they must be blind.

I'm not very good with putting on makeup either. You have big eyes which are great for makeup. I think maybe you should just buy some stuff and experiment with them, watch some toturials on youtube or something.

Archived